A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

2017 A4 coding tweaks

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2016, 04:13 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mitchfin
Double check everything and then reset MMI, usually the system needs a minute to reset.
Got fixed by itself. I rechecked everything, turned off the car and then turned on, same error. Reset MMI, same error. Then I turned off the car and left it for few hours. Went back in, started the car and no more error. Tested on the road, works great.

Do you have any problems with the warranty when you go for service?

Any other useful codings, liked parking assist? Using our own SIM card? Traffic sign recognition? BTW the double beep on unlocking is not working, anyone has it worked?
Old 10-23-2016, 07:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by danoarx
Got fixed by itself. I rechecked everything, turned off the car and then turned on, same error. Reset MMI, same error. Then I turned off the car and left it for few hours. Went back in, started the car and no more error. Tested on the road, works great.

Do you have any problems with the warranty when you go for service?

Any other useful codings, liked parking assist? Using our own SIM card? Traffic sign recognition? BTW the double beep on unlocking is not working, anyone has it worked?
Wouldn't affect warranty. But I have my first service appointment tomorrow so I'll let you know how it goes. Parking pilot requires more sensors so that's not software. Sim use is on the first page and traffic sign im still working on.
Old 10-23-2016, 08:46 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by AudiA4B6US
Ross-Tech makes VCDS and the interface cables that connect to your car. There are different cables at different costs. Right now is a bad time to buy a cable though because things are constantly changing. HEX-NET is expensive, HEX-CAN/Micro-CAN don't support the MLBevo platform properly and a new interface as successor of the HEX-CAN but with proper support for MLBevo is announced for late this year or early next year. Besides the hardware is the proper coding still a big black hole. No coding has been documented yet and what the various adaptation channels do is more trial and error than really knowing.

I would estimate that it will take at least another 12 months before VCDS has the same level of support and features on the MLBevo platform that it is known for on the older Audis. And with the new A5/A8/Q5/A6 being released over the next months there will be more cars and their owners to contribute to the treasure hunt.
I have a Micro-CAN and they have a path for upgrade. Let's just focus on VCDS for now. Which one should I get or should I wait?
Old 10-23-2016, 09:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by tascon
I have a Micro-CAN and they have a path for upgrade. Let's just focus on VCDS for now. Which one should I get or should I wait?
I would recommend looking into OBDEleven in the interim, it's so inexpensive and is a very competent alternative while we wait for VCDS to play catchup.
Old 10-24-2016, 07:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default drive select

i hawe today instaled the switch
i hawe coded
44 drive select active
5f adaptations
car menu gen2
charisma active
charisma over tritelshold highn active
car menu gen2 bap
charisma active
charisma klemm15

in the menu in mmi is drive select but you hawe nothing to chose
does anybody know what to code in stg. 09
Old 10-24-2016, 01:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Just fooling around with the new Q7's coding and applying things to my own, and I noticed if you have the Q7 variation coding on the A4 for the MMI then you get subwoofer controls in the sound settings. I can only get it to show up when on Q7 coding, and it is functional, but why wouldnt they allow our cars to control the subwoofer as well?
Old 10-24-2016, 01:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by strelec1234
i hawe today instaled the switch
i hawe coded
44 drive select active
5f adaptations
car menu gen2
charisma active
charisma over tritelshold highn active
car menu gen2 bap
charisma active
charisma klemm15

in the menu in mmi is drive select but you hawe nothing to chose
does anybody know what to code in stg. 09
There are 2 drive select switch options in 09 and "drive select swith 1&2" that need to be turned to installed.
Old 10-24-2016, 03:45 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Mitchfin
Wouldn't affect warranty. But I have my first service appointment tomorrow so I'll let you know how it goes. Parking pilot requires more sensors so that's not software. Sim use is on the first page and traffic sign im still working on.
Hi,

So did you go for the service? Any issue with the warranty?

I have a few more questions. I enabled High Beam, and I get High Beam on the display turn on with "Auto" both in white color. I drove around but high beam didn't turn on. I have another car with auto high beam, the high beam does turn on in dark streets, but on my A4 it is not turning on on those streets. The display shows high beam with Auto in white color, when I manually turn on high beam, it is blue color.

Also, I turned on double beep on unlock, but it doesn't work.

About the SIM, so the coding on the first page of this forum for this work to use other SIM, e.g. Tmobile etc. and Google maps etc. work?

Any luck with traffic sign recognition?
Old 10-24-2016, 04:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by danoarx
Hi,
I enabled High Beam, and I get High Beam on the display turn on with "Auto" both in white color. I drove around but high beam didn't turn on. I have another car with auto high beam, the high beam does turn on in dark streets, but on my A4 it is not turning on on those streets. The display shows high beam with Auto in white color, when I manually turn on high beam, it is blue color.

About the SIM, so the coding on the first page of this forum for this work to use other SIM, e.g. Tmobile etc. and Google maps etc. work?
With the factory auto high beam, the word "auto" appears in white below the symbol when the system is armed. Once armed, the headlight symbol is white when the high beams are automatically deactivated and turns blue when the high beams come on automatically.

The coding that enables the sim can provide in-car wifi through the sim, but it cannot provide any of the Audi Connect PRIME functions such as Google maps, Google point of interest search, weather, traffic, etc. They've got those locked down pretty well with the current subscription model.
Old 10-24-2016, 04:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by RickObe
With the factory auto high beam, the word "auto" appears in white below the symbol when the system is armed. Once armed, the headlight symbol is white when the high beams are automatically deactivated and turns blue when the high beams come on automatically.

The coding that enables the sim can provide in-car wifi through the sim, but it cannot provide any of the Audi Connect PRIME functions such as Google maps, Google point of interest search, weather, traffic, etc. They've got those locked down pretty well with the current subscription model.
What he said

Still trying to get traffic sign, it's proving very hard.

Quick Reply: 2017 A4 coding tweaks