A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can't get my front struts to air up!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 06:10 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Projekt 8E
I just sort of skimmed through this because I had a similar issue with my back end. Shortly after getting the car, the *** end of it dropped and held no air. I never posted here about it as far as I can remember, but in my scenario, I pulled a large aluminum colored fuse from under the steering wheel column, started the car, got an error obviously, shut the car off, plugged it back in and the *** end popped right up. It was just some sort of electrical gremlin in my case. I didn't go through all of the pages, so if that doesn't match or you've already tried that, then I apologize.

I can try to dig up which fuse it was if you haven't considered or tried this.
I'll try anything at this point. It wasn't the relay for the pump was it? either way, let me know. Thanks.
Old 03-17-2013, 04:00 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I finally drove her on the road for the first time today. Wow! she's amazing. Sport mode is so naughty...I'm gonna be in the gas station all day long. I have to admit, I didn't realize you could real time monitor all the parameters of the suspension system with Ross tech Vagcom. I sat in the car as the back end came up and watched the left and right rear strut millimeter measurements going down instead of up.....yes, the connecting rods on the rear level sensors were pushing the sensor arms out and up instead of in and up. I feel so stupid, but I really don't care now that she's up. Now I have her up but she sinks in the front right cause there is a leak at the brass inlet fitting around the rubber gasket...JB weld is curing as we speak. Thanks to Mish and Bally for all your input and advise. And to S4master1....you were right, only it was the back sensors not the front...LOL. Since the front doesn't come up untill the rear level is met. Hense the front end staying down. So this thread is officially an archive, and I now know everything there is to know about the A8 suspension(sarcasm). Now maybe I'll by a space shuttle.....
Old 03-17-2013, 04:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I am glad that you finally fixed it. Not easy if somebody messed it up before.

By the way, it is Misha and you are welcome. I believe we all learned something here. I like that.

P.S. If you have any problem with that Space Shuttle ...