A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Filler plate and TPMS sensors installed

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 02:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Filler plate and TPMS sensors installed

Finally got around to putting some TPMS sensor on the W12. If you did not know, when I bought the car, it had some hideous chrome hooptie wheels with incorrect sized tires. They did not have any TPMS sensors either. I turned the system off by VCDS until I decided if I wanted the system active.

I finally got off my **** and bought some sensors. We sell the Alligator Sensit at our shop so I bought 5 of them and installed them. They are German company but I'n sure where they are made. The do have all synthetic seals and they are programed to operate like OE. They are very small in size, about 1/2 the size. I just programed them, installed them on each wheel, and used the MMI "change wheel" and boom.

I also installed the license delete filler that I got from Brozee and it looks so much better. I think I do need to paint the park sensors because they are flat grey and not gloss black like the filler. Can I just use regular matching paint for my car to paint the sensors?

And after all that, getting her washed.
Attached Images      

Last edited by TSHong; 10-04-2013 at 02:36 PM.
Old 10-04-2013, 07:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TSHong
Finally got around to putting some TPMS sensor on the W12. If you did not know, when I bought the car, it had some hideous chrome hooptie wheels with incorrect sized tires. They did not have any TPMS sensors either. I turned the system off by VCDS until I decided if I wanted the system active.

I finally got off my **** and bought some sensors. We sell the Alligator Sensit at our shop so I bought 5 of them and installed them. They are German company but I'n sure where they are made. The do have all synthetic seals and they are programed to operate like OE. They are very small in size, about 1/2 the size. I just programed them, installed them on each wheel, and used the MMI "change wheel" and boom.

I also installed the license delete filler that I got from Brozee and it looks so much better. I think I do need to paint the park sensors because they are flat grey and not gloss black like the filler. Can I just use regular matching paint for my car to paint the sensors?

And after all that, getting her washed.
Nice looking W12!! That's my dream car. How much were those sensors?? Did you go in your VCDS at the time to figure out which sensor is bad?? my TPMS doesn't work either. I have a replacement parking sensor on my back bumper and i'm wondering about the paint too.
Old 10-04-2013, 11:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Thanks for the compliment. The W12 was one Audi I coveted.

We sell the sensors at $89.00 but these are not the cheap Chinese sensors. If people want to buy some I can see what I can do for AudiWorld members. When I bought the car, there were no TPMS sensors at all on the car. I wanted to drive the car and cloning sensors were difficult without the OE sensors, so I just turned the system off. Then we I found out about these Alligator Sensit sensors and I can program them without the old sensors.

Yes I used VCDS to adapt the TMPS on or off. In coding, the third digit is 0 for off and 3 for 433mhz USA.

Last edited by TSHong; 10-04-2013 at 11:34 PM.
Old 10-05-2013, 04:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by TSHong
Thanks for the compliment. The W12 was one Audi I coveted.

We sell the sensors at $89.00 but these are not the cheap Chinese sensors. If people want to buy some I can see what I can do for AudiWorld members. When I bought the car, there were no TPMS sensors at all on the car. I wanted to drive the car and cloning sensors were difficult without the OE sensors, so I just turned the system off. Then we I found out about these Alligator Sensit sensors and I can program them without the old sensors.

Yes I used VCDS to adapt the TMPS on or off. In coding, the third digit is 0 for off and 3 for 433mhz USA.
Oh ok. How did you program those to the car?? Yea if I can get them cheap enough I'll get them. You did them yourself by breaking the bead on the tire to get inside the rim??
Old 10-05-2013, 06:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by 2k4blacka8
Oh ok. How did you program those to the car?? Yea if I can get them cheap enough I'll get them. You did them yourself by breaking the bead on the tire to get inside the rim??
+1 "How did you program those to the car?" quote from 2k4blacka8..plust Would you be able to ship overseas? (i.e. Seoul, South Korea)
Old 10-05-2013, 09:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Yes, we have a program that comes with the product. I can program either a 433mhz or 315mhz sensors to almost any car with the program. It tells the sensors the parameters of the OE sensors, like frequency per minute.

Yes I just broke the front bead. I am a managing partner in a group of four brick and mortar tires stores in ATL. I work in a 8 bay service facility so I have access to state of the art tire changer and alignment machine. If you are interested I work at the Atlanta Ponce location at www.midtowntire.com

We are not set up to do a ecommerce yet but I would ship to you cooljustin since you are a member. If you are interested, I would have to investigate the cost of shipping to you.

I will let you guys know what a group buy type of pricing would be.

Last edited by TSHong; 10-05-2013 at 09:56 AM.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I would be interested in TPMS as well. Thanks
Old 10-08-2013, 11:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Did you get a group price yet?
Old 10-08-2013, 10:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Rccooke
Did you get a group price yet?
Sorry guys I have not. One of my guys just crashed my car and am dealing with the usual insurance stuff. Will get back as soon as possible.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I am so sorry to hear that. Good luck