A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How old/young is everyone on here? avg a8 owner age?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 03:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by transporter2004
I'm at 125K and I am going for 200K. Not sure what I would get to replace her?! but another A8
I have the same thoughts. Im @ 133k and the only thing I can think of replacing her with is a newer A8/S8. Not really sold on the D4 yet. Im 32 and 5 years of ownership
Old 07-21-2012, 06:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mistawankaz
I was 17 when I got my 2005.5 A8l in 2007. I bought it for 30 grand when its KBB was still somewhere close to like 50? I think. Some guy hated it, wanted to recoup some money.

When I turned 19 in 2009 I sold the 2005.5 A8l for 28 grand, from 19-21 I owned a 2004 Mercedes S500, 08 Cadillac STS4, 09 Challenger SRT8, 2004 BMW 745, 2005 BMW 750 and a BMW 760Li, and last 2005 Maserati Quatroppe. I always was selling and buying a new car constantly. Never finding the perfect car to keep... well..

Except I kept the 09 challenger (amazing car to drive, seriously just raw fun) and 09 Cadillac, (fiance "loves" it somewhat, Good gas and uncle is a cadillac mechanic, so we get good deals)

Then right when I turned 22 I bought a 2006 A8L start of this year. I am now working on selling the challenger and caddy to slim myself down to 2 cars (06 A8L, and some 05-07 A8L W12 when I buy that soon). Then at some point buy either a Rolls Royce Phantom drophead as a third... Or some type of exotic sports car.

I enjoy having a nice summer car to less the miles put on my "work horse" cars.

I still consider myself a new A8L owner as of the 2006 I got the start of this year. I didn't really "own" that 2005.5 too long. Or drive it all that much (like 10k miles?)

TL,DR!!! Hhaha, nice long post of my car history. But I started as a D3 owner as of 17 in 2007. Had a hiatus for a few years and now again am a D3 owner, Soon to hopefully be a D3 owner doubled!
Ballin
Old 07-21-2012, 09:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Urban Dictionary:

"3. 'ballin'

Living a life of extreme wealth and flaunting it. Sadly enough, young people from not so wealthy families think its cool to blow off thousands of dollars on jewlry and clothes instead of trying to move out of the ghetto and finding a better way of life.
lil' joe is ballin' wit dat phat gold chain and ice.(too bad he spent all of his momma's hidden stash buying it)."

Oohhhhh, gotcha! I'm 42 and feeling Jake's age...

Mr *******, do you hear the words 'Mitty' and Walter' a lot? I'm fairly confident being a 'semi-professional' gamer won't run you to a $443K Roller. (that's what we call them where they're made....)

As you owned the Maserati, I'm assuming you had reason to look at the dash. To the right you will have seen a badge that said "Quattroporte', meaning, as I suspect most of us know, four door. Was your badge spelled wrong?

Post up some pics of you with your cars, a great selection to look at, that would be cool....

K9

Originally Posted by killkrich
Ballin
Old 07-21-2012, 10:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Hey old man K9....

Originally Posted by K9COP
Oohhhhh, gotcha! I'm 42 and feeling Jake's age...

Don't forget The Lawrence Welk Show is on tonight at 7.
Check your local listings - it's a great show with wonderful music.

I'll be listening to this excellent music until then.

EDIT: Oh boy, check this out!
Sirius 40's on 4
Bing Crosby Radio Show: July, 1944
Tomorrow 6:00 pm ET
This week, hear the Bing Crosby Radio Show from July, 1944.
[before you ask, yes I do listen to that channel in the A8]

Last edited by jakematic; 07-21-2012 at 10:48 AM.
Old 07-21-2012, 12:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm ballin on a budget but I'm 29. Ya heard????
Old 07-21-2012, 07:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by killkrich
I'm ballin on a budget but I'm 29. Ya heard????
Oh yeah, when I go to strip clubs I make it hail!
Old 07-22-2012, 09:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

to K9, I never noticed my phone had auto corrected quattroporte. Do I really need to post pictures of my house, and current cars to prove I am more successful than you at half the age? Or maybe math was just a tad hard for you, When exactly did I say I owned every car all at once? Don't be so passive aggressive next time and I could consider humoring you. Otherwise I have nothing to prove to anyone that is attempting to be insulting out of anger and spite.
Old 07-22-2012, 10:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

to K9, I never noticed my phone had auto corrected quattroporte. Do I really need to post pictures of my house, and current cars to prove I am more successful than you at half the age? Or maybe math was just a tad hard for you, When exactly did I say I owned every car all at once? Don't be so passive aggressive next time and I could consider humoring you. Otherwise I have nothing to prove to anyone that is attempting to be insulting out of anger and spite.
BALLIN!!!!
Old 07-22-2012, 10:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Honestly. No one on these forums gives even a thought of care as to how big your house is or what you own. If your intelligence matched your so called "financial well being" you wouldn't be on a forum acting like an ignorant child. You can take those antics to the Dodge forums where people will listen to your idiocy.
Old 07-22-2012, 01:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

There is some misunderstanding about this tread. Quite clearly it was meant to be about age not success. Some guys took to the other side and, as far as I can remember the rest of posts, you are the champion of it. That's why you are getting this kind of response.

By the way, I am glad that you are successful at young age, hoping that you know that nice cars are not only thing in life. I just hope that you have sold one of those .com companies so it is not your dead's money or something way worse.

Quick Reply: How old/young is everyone on here? avg a8 owner age?