My lady in leather

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2017, 08:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My lady in leather

I thought that would get you reading my post, am I right! I have a 97 Cabi that I stole from my daughter after she left us for college. I want to show this triple black classic some love and her seat is sagging. Question; what seats can I swap in to make her look tight and ride smooth? VW / Audi models are preferred, 97 Cabies are too rare to focus on so I am opening up my options. Your knowledge is what I am counting on to get me in her looking tight and riding right. OK that was a little too much but seriously your help will be appreciated, thank you
Old 09-07-2017, 06:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts

I don't have an answer but I do know the Cabriolet seat mounts sure look like a VW seat mounts..would not be surprised if seats from a Golf or Jetta would fit...But you need something for a 2 door door car so the seats will tilt forward.

Or you can get a new foam seat bottom part number 8A0881361C for $187 from Jim Ellis Audi or from your local VW or Audi dealer.

BKS Tuning in Berlin Germany will sell it for $104 plus $42 shipping too.
https://www.bks-tuning.com/8a0881361c.html

Here is a PDF in German on how to change the Cabriolet seat bottom, he has a sport seat but the process is the same:
Attached Files

Last edited by Rusty Spokes; 09-07-2017 at 06:37 PM.
Old 09-08-2017, 12:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

lol, you could always take her to an upholstery shop to get some tight black leather made for her so you can sit comfortably . Also, are you looking for a direct swap or are you willing to play with brackets and a welder? also, look what kind of mounting points you have? as some cars came with mounting point up front and some with 2 bolt down screws
Old 09-09-2017, 06:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Mostly I wanted to stay stock, I was hoping to replace my rear seat back. I had visions of reading " the same seat back is used in all model 90's but that was just a pipe dream. I guess I will start saving money for custom seat covers from the German company that I have read about on this site. Thanks for responding fellas you make this forum the place to go for info.
Old 09-10-2017, 04:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Audi's Dad
Mostly I wanted to stay stock, I was hoping to replace my rear seat back. I had visions of reading " the same seat back is used in all model 90's but that was just a pipe dream. I guess I will start saving money for custom seat covers from the German company that I have read about on this site. Thanks for responding fellas you make this forum the place to go for info.
I think any 90 seat will fit but they won't fold down. I believe that you could retrofit that folding provision to the "new" seats but I've not done it.

if you could find a good set of Coupe Quattro seats that would be best. they are all sport seats and fold down but they're also all automatic so I think they mount slightly differently
Old 09-10-2017, 05:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

For the most part I am looking for a rear seat. The back seat in my car is cracked along the top of the back. The front seats are not that bad and I would like to keep them stock if I can. that being said if I find some sexy leather that fits her I will slide them in.
Old 09-10-2017, 05:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Audi's Dad
For the most part I am looking for a rear seat. The back seat in my car is cracked along the top of the back. The front seats are not that bad and I would like to keep them stock if I can. that being said if I find some sexy leather that fits her I will slide them in.
Oh, you're screwed then. Cabriolet rear seats are unique to Cabriolets
and they're all cracked at the top like that
Old 09-11-2017, 10:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The rear seat is really simple to reupholster. For a reasonable price reupholster It could be cheaper to reuphoster than to buy and ship used seat for the Cab from somewhere. The seats is also held by 2 bolts for each the back and bottom.
Old 09-11-2017, 04:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for your replies. I have had her back pulled several times in the past while changing the interior from a boring grey interior to a more sexy black, I now have a triple black beauty. If I have to reupholster I am going to opt for a little more of an overstuffed look.That hard and tight look is OK for some, however I would like to see my girl a little more soft and curvy, if you know what I mean.