Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

20×10.5 +30 Wheels Fitment

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2022, 09:43 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 20×10.5 +30 Wheels Fitment

I have a 2018 Audi RS5 Coupe completely stock ATM. I'm looking at a set of Verde Axis V99 20×10.5 with a +30 offset all the way around and I'm planning on lowering it on springs in the future.
1. Is it best to go with 285/30/20 or 295/30/20 since I don't want to sacrifice too much of the ride quality?
2. 295/30/20 or 295/25/30 since 295/30/20 is a pretty tall tire and I don't want it to make the car higher off the ground?
3. What size spacers will I need to have a flush fitment without rubbing the suspensions/fender?
TIA
Old 04-10-2022, 07:11 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 78 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Tungsloan
I have a 2018 Audi RS5 Coupe completely stock ATM. I'm looking at a set of Verde Axis V99 20×10.5 with a +30 offset all the way around and I'm planning on lowering it on springs in the future.
1. Is it best to go with 285/30/20 or 295/30/20 since I don't want to sacrifice too much of the ride quality?
2. 295/30/20 or 295/25/30 since 295/30/20 is a pretty tall tire and I don't want it to make the car higher off the ground?
3. What size spacers will I need to have a flush fitment without rubbing the suspensions/fender?
TIA
This is a question that is hard to answer with a precise answer as to this will fit, not rub, allow you to lower the car and not contact the suspension. I didn't see you mention the tire brand you will be using, as it makes the biggest difference (in my opinion) because none of the manufacturers are standard on how it sits when mounted to the rim. You should decide what tire you will be running on the rim and see who has that brand to get more feedback from members using that tire/wheel combo. I'm sure you already seen this thread and all the information for you to get an idea how many things make up the stance. I originally was going to lower my car, but the taller 295/30 sidewall filled in the wheel well gap that was really bothering me on my '19 RS5 Sportback.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud...tment-3037380/
Old 04-11-2022, 02:25 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Mortys66
This is a question that is hard to answer with a precise answer as to this will fit, not rub, allow you to lower the car and not contact the suspension. I didn't see you mention the tire brand you will be using, as it makes the biggest difference (in my opinion) because none of the manufacturers are standard on how it sits when mounted to the rim. You should decide what tire you will be running on the rim and see who has that brand to get more feedback from members using that tire/wheel combo. I'm sure you already seen this thread and all the information for you to get an idea how many things make up the stance. I originally was going to lower my car, but the taller 295/30 sidewall filled in the wheel well gap that was really bothering me on my '19 RS5 Sportback.

Thanks for the response. I was looking at either Continental or Michelin but if I have to, I will use Toyo to avoid any rubbing because I heard they are skinnier. Any input on which is the better all season daily tire? Also, do you notice your car being higher off the ground due to the taller sidewall of the 295/30? I want to avoid the monster truck look that's why I'm considering a 295/25 tire.
Old 04-11-2022, 04:02 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Does your set up poke outside the fender at all with +25 offset all the way around and 9mm/3mm spacer or is it super flush?
Also with the 9mm spacers up front, are you barely clearing the steering knuckle or do you have a lot of room to spare and only went with 9mm for a flush fitment?
Thanks.
Old 04-12-2022, 02:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Stock size (265/30-20) diameter=26.3"

295/30-20 diameter=27" (+2.7% difference from stock)
295/25-20 diameter=25.8" (-1.5% difference from stock)

Either size works as it is inside the acceptable percent difference. You can get closer to the stock dimension by mounting a 285/30-20 tire.

As Mortys66 mentions, tire sizes can vary significantly (mostly on width and not diameter) from various manufacturers. You need to be knowledgeable on the variance of suspension components if you drop the car. Dropping the car may require altering the camber to avoid rubbing.
____
EDIT: If you change suspension components (e.g. upper control arms) or camber to lower your car, you will be outside of Audi's support for tires, and probably more exclusions.

Last edited by Spike100; 04-12-2022 at 04:04 PM. Reason: To add more info
Old 04-12-2022, 08:39 PM
Club AutoUnion

Does your set up poke outside the fender at all with +25 offset all the way around and 9mm/3mm spacer or is it super flush?
Also with the 9mm spacers up front, are you barely clearing the steering knuckle or do you have a lot of room to spare and only went with 9mm for a flush fitment?
Thanks.
It gives it a flush fit for me, others would say it doesn't... see pic's (these are what I can get now, until I look at what's already transferred to my home computer). The front was up against the steering knuckle at 7mm, I gave 2mm of room for movement on cornering, I adjusted the back to match the front.

Old 04-13-2022, 01:09 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

It gives it a flush fit for me, others would say it doesn't... see pic's (these are what I can get now, until I look at what's already transferred to my home computer). The front was up against the steering knuckle at 7mm, I gave 2mm of room for movement on cornering, I adjusted the back to match the front.

Oh yea, thats perfectly flushed in my book. Last couple of things, what brand spacers did you go with because I heard certain brand like ECS won't fit some aftermarket wheel brand? And how dark are your tail light tint?
Thanks for your immense help.
Old 04-13-2022, 10:55 AM
Club AutoUnion

Oh yea, thats perfectly flushed in my book. Last couple of things, what brand spacers did you go with because I heard certain brand like ECS won't fit some aftermarket wheel brand? And how dark are your tail light tint?
Thanks for your immense help.
I use the spacers without the 'Hub Centric' step on the spacer. You are correct on the ECS spacers that have the hub step, they will get stuck in the aftermarket Rims. I use the ARP or one's with one 'straight' hub centric flange (if there is a step the smaller step goes into the aftermarket wheel center, giving you a false sense that they fit, only to find out after you remove the wheel that you wedged it into the wheel when you torqued the wheel on. I'll attach a picture of what I mean when I get a chance.
As for the Headlights, Taillights, Marker Lights and Side Mirror Turn Indicator Light I wrapped them all using the following Light Wraps from Amazon: Front Headlights: - Luxe LightWrap Light Smoke Universal TintFront Marker Lights: - Luxe LightWrap Dark Smoke Universal Tint (over the LightWrap Light Smoke Univ Tint)Side Mirror Turn Indicator Light: - Luxe LightWrap Mid Smoke Universal TintRear Marker Lights: - Luxe LightWrap Dark Smoke Universal TintRear Taillights: - Luxe LightWrap Mid Smoke Universal TintRear License Plate Lights: - Luxe LightWrap Light Smoke Universal Tint

Luxe LightWrap Dark Smoke...
Amazon Amazon
Luxe LightWrap Mid Smoke...
Amazon Amazon
Luxe LightWrap Light Smoke...
Amazon Amazon