Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Automatic Opening of Car When Approaching

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2019, 07:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 100 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by NJS5
Ok, question. I’ve read through the thread but being simple minded I’m not sure if coding Auto Unlock will cause the car to Auto Locking when walking away? I’m not looking for this to happen when I park in the garage at home. Also what effect does eliminating the rang restriction have on the feature? Thanks, and for the record; it’s mint chocolate chip for the win. David
So, that's the single issue I am facing right now. If I don't start walking the second after I lock the car doors, the car senses the key and unlocks the car doors again. Trying to figure out how to resolve this. I've had the range limits active but they don't seem to work.
Old 06-25-2019, 08:20 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi. I have tried the steps and the car does seem to behave any differently to before. I have to still pull the inside to unlock. Using odbeleven.

Automatic Opening of the Car When Approaching
Description: The car will automatically open when you are about 1-2m away.
46 - Central Module Comfort System
Long Coding
Set automatic_opening to active
Press and hold green check mark to save.
Old 06-26-2019, 12:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

I gave up with this in the end, perhaps this feature just doesn't suit the A5/S5. Without it locking when you walk away, and with it unlocking itself just after you (manually, because you have to) lock it if you don't rush far away, I just found in practice that while cool, it also wasn't practical. Unlocking just when I grab the door handle seems to work out better. Also it would unlock the car if I went to get something from the boot/trunk, forcing me to get out the key again or walk down the side of the car to touch the handle before running away again.
The following users liked this post:
MRA5SB (06-26-2019)
Old 12-03-2019, 05:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 2019 S5 Prestige

So I'm a beta tester for Carista on my b9 s5 SB prestige. Somehow after finicking with some apps, the trunk lock button no longer works and I now have to long press the close trunk button to get it to work, which is strange. Carista has no idea what's going on. Has anyone else ran I to this issue?
Old 12-04-2019, 12:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Don't rule out coincidence, the problem might be nothing to do with coding changes you made.
Old 12-04-2019, 10:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BrainDr
So I'm a beta tester for Carista on my b9 s5 SB prestige. Somehow after finicking with some apps, the trunk lock button no longer works and I now have to long press the close trunk button to get it to work, which is strange. Carista has no idea what's going on. Has anyone else ran I to this issue?
I was fiddling with my S4 MMI a couple days ago and I found an MMI built-in option regarding the locking/opening of the trunk in the same section as the choices for central locking.
I don't know if that will help you, but give it a look.
I do not have Carista nor OBD-11, this is an option in the standard MMI config options.
Old 03-12-2021, 03:23 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ajax1900
Do you mean the ‘welcome home’ feature on the OBD apps list? I don’t think it unlocks the car, rather it just turns on all the lights when it senses you are near. Which is very cool.
Hi,
Can you really do that? I meant turning the lights on when it senses you are near? I have OBD11 but didn't see that as an option for my A8L 2019! which has welcome light when I unlock the car from fob or door handle
Old 03-12-2021, 04:08 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

OMG, How did you do that? Can you help me to do it on My A8 (2018) -D5?
Please....
Old 03-12-2021, 04:11 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Eli, Can you please help me to do the same thing on my A8 (2018) D5?

I will really appreciated your help...
Old 06-26-2023, 05:21 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

I have keyless entry FYI.

I tried to follow the doc from here: docs.google.com/document/d/1jYl_MGIqijOyyeeeTI4fOQ02mfaN6W70vDmG4MjDUXM/preview?pli=1#heading=h.8pflq3mo3zvb

This did not work for me. I googled around and found additional codings:

Automatic Opening - I activated this
Automatic Closing - I activated this
Keyless Light Illumination - I activated this

I do NOT see this: "Personalization settings vehicle-Keyless access authorization: automatic opening - set to Active", any ideas?

I cannot get it to work, any help with this?

p.s. if someone can tell me how to extract my settings from module 46 to show in this forum for troubleshooting that would be nice too.

Quick Reply: Automatic Opening of Car When Approaching