Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Homelink receiver

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2017, 03:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scoopman
I'm having an Audi field tech and dealer service manager visit my house and garage early Monday morning. They think they can program my purple-button-equipped garage door.

I wish them luck .... and I expect them to escalate this problem when they realize, like all of us, that this was not properly tested before being released, and it doesn't work.

Stay tuned.
Audi Tech came out to my house on Tuesday - same results. I asked him to escalate it. Everyone thinks it is the user until they try it. We'll see what happens - I think it is unable to communicate on the 315mhz. Hopefully it is just something that can be addressed in the firmware or with an update.

The garage door opener isn't that old and should work.

I found this snippet on a wiki page:
Attached Thumbnails Homelink receiver-opener.jpg  
Old 09-29-2017, 11:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I guess its nice to know I'm not the only one having problems programming homelink. I was able to program one garage door (a 5-year old "Overhad Door" opener with rolling code) just fine. The newer Liftmater 7675 though, no luck. I've tried programming with and without rolling code. Either way, it works for maybe a week, and then stops working. I've given up at this point
Old 09-29-2017, 11:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by cpippolo
I guess its nice to know I'm not the only one having problems programming homelink. I was able to program one garage door (a 5-year old "Overhad Door" opener with rolling code) just fine. The newer Liftmater 7675 though, no luck. I've tried programming with and without rolling code. Either way, it works for maybe a week, and then stops working. I've given up at this point
What color is the learn button on the garage motor that's not programing?
Old 09-30-2017, 10:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

What color is the learn button on the garage motor that's not programing?
It's yellow. Uses "Security+ 2.0" whatever that means
Old 10-02-2017, 01:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

An Audi tech visited me as well, and was also unable to get my garage door programmed. They're escalating to understand the problem....

Originally Posted by RB_OU812
Audi Tech came out to my house on Tuesday - same results. I asked him to escalate it. Everyone thinks it is the user until they try it. We'll see what happens - I think it is unable to communicate on the 315mhz. Hopefully it is just something that can be addressed in the firmware or with an update.

The garage door opener isn't that old and should work.

I found this snippet on a wiki page:
Old 10-09-2017, 08:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Like many of you, I had huge issues getting home link programmed to my Genie opener. It's the first car/remote that would not program no matter what I did. I even went out and bought a new opener (Chamberlain B970) which had a Homelink logo plastered on the box, and installed it. Same issue, no dice. After reading tons of threads and what not, I have compiled the instructions that worked for me. But obviously YMMV. My new Chamberlain opener has the yellow button/yellow antennae.

1. Start the car
2. Go to the MMI setup menu for programming homelink
3. start the process, it will tell you to hold the transmitter near the rear view mirror, and press the button on the transmitter. Only hold down the button on the transmitter--not the homelink button! My remote, I had to kind of move it around before It synced.
4. Once that syncs you will get a message asking if you want to sync the remote to the button message. At this point, go to your opener, and hit the 'sync' button. I think you need to do this quickly.
5. After that, I hit the homelink button, and the garage door opened!
Old 10-10-2017, 04:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default UR-mode vs D-Mode

My homelink is working but for those of you having issues, has anyone toggled the UR-mode vs D-mode setting? I don't know what the difference is and the manual only mentions the following (pg 46):

I didn't see it mentioned earlier in this thread, so thought I would throw it out there...
Old 10-10-2017, 04:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dereitz
My homelink is working but for those of you having issues, has anyone toggled the UR-mode vs D-mode setting? I don't know what the difference is and the manual only mentions the following (pg 46):

I didn't see it mentioned earlier in this thread, so thought I would throw it out there...
Ugh, nevermind. The very first post mentions this. My search on "UR-mode" didn't turn this up -- I guess b/c of the hyphen.
Old 10-13-2017, 09:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

An update.

Let me just say that my garage door motor is now in the hands of Audi in Michigan somewhere for them to use to understand why the purple-buttoned motors don't work with their cars as they should. So no fix yet, but they have for debugging a motor that should work but which they have verified does not.

A new Chamberlin motor with Yellow learn button programmed right away exactly like the car instructs you to do.
Old 10-13-2017, 09:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

An update.

Let me just say that my garage door motor is now in the hands of Audi in Michigan somewhere for them to use to understand why the purple-buttoned motors don't work with their cars as they should. So no fix yet, but they have for debugging a motor that should work but which they have verified does not.

A new Chamberlin motor with Yellow learn button programmed right away exactly like the car instructs you to do.
Did you buy the new Chamberlin motor or did the Audi pay for one?