Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Piano Black center console protection?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2022, 10:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 377 Likes on 260 Posts

Yeah, @Hornswoggle that looks great!
Old 02-25-2022, 11:03 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Hornswoggle
I just had the piano black center console covered in the Xpel Stealth Mattr PPF. I had Umbra (tint, wrap and ceramic shop in Schaumburg, IL) tackle that while they were wrapping the front end of my RS5 with the Xpel PPF. They charged me $80,

but it turned out a lot better than I expected so it was worth it to me.
Looks great! Heard good things about Umbra but I’m down in the Orland area. Looking for tint (what % and make is that?), PPF, and maybe ceramic. Like that Xpel job on that scratch pad in the console too!
Old 02-25-2022, 11:05 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Is that an RS5? Nardo? Looks great.

S5 in Quantum here.
Old 02-25-2022, 01:58 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Wiz33
Cool, I just did a full front wrap and I was asked to go back in about 3 weeks so they can check it again after everything settles. I'll talk to the shop then and I should have my lidded storage bin by then so they can do it all together.
Curious what that ran you if don’t mind sharing. Thanks.
Old 03-12-2022, 11:05 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Anyone able to speak on the quality of this

https://eurozonetuning.com/products/...015aa4aa&_ss=r

$300 seems cheap for a "real" Carbon Fiber piece
Old 03-13-2022, 05:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 522 Likes on 357 Posts

Originally Posted by jc.gonzalezcolon
By the look of it they are likely laying a layer of carbon fiber over plastic rather than building the piece from full CF. Not necessarily a bad thing.
Old 03-13-2022, 10:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 597 Likes on 429 Posts

Originally Posted by ShiftyWolf
By the look of it they are likely laying a layer of carbon fiber over plastic rather than building the piece from full CF. Not necessarily a bad thing.
It's a decal.
Old 03-16-2022, 06:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 77 Likes on 57 Posts

that looks pretty good. i wouldn't say that's too cheap, probably just easier to produce using the original trim as a base, then carbon fiber wrap that and put the gloss clearcoat on top. probably doesn't go through the whole handmade and epoxy/resin steps and all that. but only con there would be weight saving and strength, which doesn't matter here for the interior trim piece, but i think it looks very good.

@JohnEnglish it's not a decal, those hydrodipped and wrapped CF ones you can tell from the pattern and depth, but this one has real CF looking fabric and the clear over it adds the depth and authentic look.
Old 03-17-2022, 12:23 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Liquid Smoke
that looks pretty good. i wouldn't say that's too cheap, probably just easier to produce using the original trim as a base, then carbon fiber wrap that and put the gloss clearcoat on top. probably doesn't go through the whole handmade and epoxy/resin steps and all that. but only con there would be weight saving and strength, which doesn't matter here for the interior trim piece, but i think it looks very good.

@JohnEnglish it's not a decal, those hydrodipped and wrapped CF ones you can tell from the pattern and depth, but this one has real CF looking fabric and the clear over it adds the depth and authentic look.
Or maybe just get the previous gen here: here https://www.ebay.com/itm/27489448863...AaApyREALw_wcB

Is cheap enough...lol
Old 03-17-2022, 01:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 77 Likes on 57 Posts

Or maybe just get the previous gen here: here https://www.ebay.com/itm/27489448863...AaApyREALw_wcB

Is cheap enough...lol
lol true. to me i'd rather just wrap the piece, you dont even have to take it out and can wrap it in place just fine for under $100. like someone did above with the xpel clear, i'd just put PPF or a normal gloss black or whatever finish, i think thats the easiest solution, and more worry-free as if the finish gets dirty and scratched over time you can just easily remove and re-wrap it.

Quick Reply: Piano Black center console protection?