Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Pre-sense...

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2019, 06:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by tonysaudi
For people complaining about the auto braking engaging when going in reverse, all you have to do is take the car to the dealership and they lower the sensitivity of that. Very simple fix.
You know if can be modified using VCDS?
Old 07-12-2019, 06:36 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A good solution Audi should implement would be to show a warning light during the time that auto-braking is likely to engage. So take Turn Assist for example - many users have posted frustration with the brakes kicking in when about to make a left turn across oncoming traffic. If there could be a light that comes on when the system thinks it isn’t safe to turn and then go off when it’s safe, that would solve a lot of the issues where the driver makes a move and then the brakes kick in unexpectedly.
Old 07-12-2019, 07:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 77 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Otakugamer
A good solution Audi should implement would be to show a warning light during the time that auto-braking is likely to engage. So take Turn Assist for example - many users have posted frustration with the brakes kicking in when about to make a left turn across oncoming traffic. If there could be a light that comes on when the system thinks it isn’t safe to turn and then go off when it’s safe, that would solve a lot of the issues where the driver makes a move and then the brakes kick in unexpectedly.
I doubt there's enough time to show a pre-warning. I notice this a lot when I back into my garage too fast. Then again, I'm leaving < 1 inche of space between my garage wall and my right side mirror. In those scenarios the car just has to brake as there's no time for a pre-warning.

As for the Turn Assist, not using your left turn signal will solve the issue. I don't use my left signal anymore in busy intersections as I cannot afford to have the car brake as I'm about to fill a gap, potentially causing an accident.
The following users liked this post:
SolventSolution (07-12-2019)
Old 07-12-2019, 08:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 110 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by luder888
I doubt there's enough time to show a pre-warning. I notice this a lot when I back into my garage too fast. Then again, I'm leaving < 1 inche of space between my garage wall and my right side mirror. In those scenarios the car just has to brake as there's no time for a pre-warning.
lol this just happened to me the other day. Thought I hit something. I wasn't even that close to anything, guess I was just backing up too quickly.
Old 07-13-2019, 09:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 77 Likes on 53 Posts

It happened again today for me. No matter how slow I go, it still likes to slam on its brakes. It has happened so many times that every time it happens, I know it's false and I'm conditioned to just press the gas immediately, thus defeating the purpose of a safety system... Here it happened at the 9s mark.

If it's not because of this stupid system I would be backing up 2x as fast but I don't want to get whiplash. Going slower reduces the number of false activations, but still happens as you can see, even with my foot already on the brake. Just give us an OFF button. Why is that not an option??

Last edited by luder888; 07-13-2019 at 09:52 AM.