Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Top view camera select and making it default

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2018, 07:26 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

got a call back from the dealer.....they did the wrong TSB for my car. BUT talk about good service-- they've offered to pick up my car, take it back to the shop, complete the correct TSB and return it to me. I'm not that desperate, but speaks volumes to their willingness to "make it right".
Old 12-31-2018, 03:40 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,379 Posts

That’s quite a dealer! First, to admit to the mistake but to then go “the extra mile,” that’s impressive. Congratulations!
Old 12-31-2018, 08:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 310 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by pjvd
got a call back from the dealer.....they did the wrong TSB for my car. BUT talk about good service-- they've offered to pick up my car, take it back to the shop, complete the correct TSB and return it to me. I'm not that desperate, but speaks volumes to their willingness to "make it right".
Please let us know what the dealer to rectify. I am taking my car o the dealer for recall fix on 1/11 - would like to get the MMI updated at the same time.
Old 12-31-2018, 08:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Nikon1
That’s quite a dealer! First, to admit to the mistake but to then go “the extra mile,” that’s impressive. Congratulations!
+1

Old 12-31-2018, 08:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by jdeee
This topic is in A5 / S5 / RS5 section so I'd confidently say the fix applies to your A5, as it has for others. I have an A4 and initially wasn't sure if it applied to my model, but here's my experience.

My issue is the graphic goes completely blurry on occasion but when it does, it just remains blurry. Not sure if coincidence but seems to happen if I connect my phone into Android Auto mode. When I disconnect, after a period of time, the image becomes clear again. (Not sure if this makes a difference but I don't use a separate SIM, and have Audi's WiFi connect to my phone and this is how it connects to Google Earth imagery (or I think it's Google Maps Satellite imagery now).
Blurry graphic - that's a bummer! Anyone else having the same issue? Specially A4, A5?

Old 12-31-2018, 09:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 18A5SB
Blurry graphic - that's a bummer! Anyone else having the same issue? Specially A4, A5?
Just got my software updated to 1316 this morning. So far so good and not noticing any VC blurriness... But mine only shows the Audi map and not Google's...

Last edited by Raymond; 12-31-2018 at 10:08 AM.
Old 12-31-2018, 12:33 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by 18A5SB
Mine's in an A4, v1329, in Australia. It really is annoying, happening even when not on Android Auto (I thought this was the cause), using my phone's hotspot.

MMI setting now says "Satellite" (ie. not Google Earth anymore) but in VC the setting is still called "Google Earth".

Last night I had MMI on and whilst I may not have paid too much attention the Satellite view seemed to have stayed perfect. Perhaps it's just the VC? Not sure, but in some areas whilst I'm driving the image turns blurry, as I continue to drive the image becomes clear again, etc. I'm not sure how it works and wondering the software saves (caches) the images or always reload when driving in the same areas. I'm now wonder if there's a way to "start reloading imagery" again, delete the cache if there is one?

Background: I use Tasker to automatically create a Hotspot when A4 Bluetooth connects (specifically for Audi Wi-Fi to connect), close Hotspot when Bluetooth disconnects. When I was testing Android Auto I didn't realise Bluetooth disconnected, hence Hotspot disconnected, therefore I can understand the blurry images since it couldn't load the images as I was driving. For this reason I'm now wondering if those (blurry) images are now what's saved in those areas that I drive.
Old 01-05-2019, 08:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

My 2018 Q5 was updated last week. So far, so good!
Old 01-05-2019, 08:21 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,379 Posts

Hopefully, this thread (and the problem) will just fade into a long-forgotten “Page 15” on the forum . . . Probably replaced by some other, as of yet, undiscovered new issue.
Old 01-05-2019, 10:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Some good news in the UK too, my car was in for a mirror housing replacement and they told me the update is available here now as well. But they needed to order a disc with it on and an SD card. Should get it done on Tuesday :-)

Quick Reply: Top view camera select and making it default