Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Wireless Carplay

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2019, 04:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 74 Likes on 53 Posts
Default Wireless Carplay

Does anyone know if it’s possible to upgrade to Apple wireless CarPlay in a 2019 Audi? I only have wireless charging, but when I want to use Apple CarPlay, then I have to plug in the cable, so it kinda makes the wireless charging seems superfluous. I know the phone box is supposed to boost the cellular signal, but I don’t know if the wireless charging is not being used, is the signal still being boosted in the phone box?
Old 12-13-2019, 04:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 175 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by stwus
Does anyone know if it’s possible to upgrade to Apple wireless CarPlay in a 2019 Audi? I only have wireless charging, but when I want to use Apple CarPlay, then I have to plug in the cable, so it kinda makes the wireless charging seems superfluous. I know the phone box is supposed to boost the cellular signal, but I don’t know if the wireless charging is not being used, is the signal still being boosted in the phone box?
Saw this post the other day. Might be what you're looking for: https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...r-for-your-car

I've been looking for a similar adapter for Android Auto but no luck on that one yet.
Old 12-13-2019, 05:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thanks for that. I wonder if the wireless CarPlay could be enabled through coding since the car already has WiFi connection and it could work that way instead of Bluetooth?
Old 12-13-2019, 05:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I also found this, not sure if it’s any good https://carplay2air.com/?gclid=EAIaI...SAAEgL5HPD_BwE
Old 12-13-2019, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I am very interested in this. Only thing my '19 RS5 is missing. Reviews seem to say these devices are glitchy. Anybody have one working that has no delays and no connection issues?

Can the wireless device plug into the USB port in the armrest so if you want to go wired carplay (longer car ride) you can use the front USB seamlessly?
Old 12-13-2019, 07:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by DjPiLL
I am very interested in this. Only thing my '19 RS5 is missing. Reviews seem to say these devices are glitchy. Anybody have one working that has no delays and no connection issues?

Can the wireless device plug into the USB port in the armrest so if you want to go wired carplay (longer car ride) you can use the front USB seamlessly?
im sure it can be plugged in the usb in the armrest. The front usb also works for CarPlay, so I would assume that it should work.
Old 12-13-2019, 07:34 AM
Permanent S Mode Member

Received 578 Likes on 379 Posts

Have you considered a cradle like this one I made a while ago: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud...-auto-2965601/

I use it everyday and it's the best of both world for me. I get Android Auto and a charge at the same time and it's easy connect/disconnect, no cable to handle. I'm working on an adjustable version to accommodate various phone sizes including iPhones. I have a sample that just got printed and should be in my hands today. I'll post if it works like I expect it to.
Old 12-13-2019, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for that. I wonder if the wireless CarPlay could be enabled through coding since the car already has WiFi connection and it could work that way instead of Bluetooth?
I found this coding in another thread, but it does not seem to work on my 2018 S5 with Android Auto. Will try Carplay another

time..
Old 12-13-2019, 10:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by paulhiggs
I found this coding in another thread, but it does not seem to work on my 2018 S5 with Android Auto. Will try Carplay another

time..

Anyone try this on an iphone?
Old 12-13-2019, 11:38 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would love to know if this works as well!

Was about to buy a Carplay2air which people have had varying degrees of success on recent Audi models (In-depth conversation over at MacRumors forums), but it looks like a never ending battle of the company updating firmware over and over to keep up with Apple iOS updates.

Quick Reply: Wireless Carplay