Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

The dreaded 'vehicle cannot be reached' error

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2020, 03:43 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Spideymd

what should I do to get the code at this point? I am assuming I should not wait until I need it again.
Mine was within a plastic tag which held the key fobs together when I purchased the car. Just pop it open and scratch off a covering like a lottery “scratcher.” If you no longer have the tag you’ll have to get the code from a dealer.
Old 10-04-2020, 04:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Spideymd
Someone mentioned this in a thread before but I can’t find it. I don’t have any problems now and have had the car over a year. BUT I don’t have my 10 digit code and have no clue where it is.

what should I do to get the code at this point? I am assuming I should not wait until I need it again.
it’s on a piece of white plastic (needs scratched) attached to the car keys. Dealer was supposed to give it to you when they delivered the car. Beyond that, you can order a new one thru dealer and it cost you a couple hundreds.
You can give them a call and find out if they saved the code somewhere on your file. My dealer apparently did that. when I complained my code was already scratched when it was delivered, they told me “we scratched it and added the code to your file in case you lose it.”

Last edited by fsedaei; 10-04-2020 at 08:00 PM.
Old 10-04-2020, 07:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Seems to have worked for the wife as well, though I’m not sure she actually removed the key user profile as she made no mention of entering a code.

Originally Posted by 02allrd

Thank you; worked for me.
Old 10-05-2020, 02:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 268 Likes on 200 Posts

Quick ?:

Anyone know how to change the wifi password in the Audi app under the 'Profile'/Vehicle Connections portion?

I updated our home wifi password and now don't have a wifi connection to the MMI in the car when parked in the garage. I can still connect via the Audi app however to change charge settings, etc, I assume using the ATT mobile connection.
Old 10-05-2020, 02:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

thanks guys very much. I’ll check with the dealer. It’s been over a year and I have no clue if it was attached to my keys or not!

Originally Posted by fsedaei
it’s on a piece of white plastic (needs scratched) attached to the car keys. Dealer was supposed to give it to you when they delivered the car. Beyond that, you can order a new one thru dealer and it cost you a couple hundreds.
You can give them a call and find out if they saved the code somewhere on your file. My dealer apparently did that. when I complained my code was already scratched when it was delivered, they told me “we scratched it and added the code to your file in case you lose it.”
Old 10-05-2020, 03:11 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 02allrd

Thank you; worked for me.
it worked for me as well. I signed out of the profile and logged the key user off. Re-entered the 10 digit code, then logged off the app and back on. Was able to push changes right away. Thank you!
Old 10-05-2020, 03:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 183 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by thebishman
Quick ?:

Anyone know how to change the wifi password in the Audi app under the 'Profile'/Vehicle Connections portion?

I updated our home wifi password and now don't have a wifi connection to the MMI in the car when parked in the garage. I can still connect via the Audi app however to change charge settings, etc, I assume using the ATT mobile connection.
Do you mean connecting the E-tron to your home WiFi? I am not aware of it being capable of doing that even though it should be easily doable given that it has WiFi capabilities. But it would require to program it accordingly.
Old 10-05-2020, 04:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 268 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by ThomasW
Do you mean connecting the E-tron to your home WiFi? I am not aware of it being capable of doing that even though it should be easily doable given that it has WiFi capabilities. But it would require to program it accordingly.
Perhaps you’re correct and I’ve always connected via the cell connection even though within the garage the car has easy access to the wifi. The fact that the Audi app is now showing ‘not connected to my wifi’ since I changed the password has me confused though.
Old 10-06-2020, 10:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Confirmed with the wife that she didn't re-enter any codes. She's not sure what she did, but almost sounds like either a reset of some sort, or she logged out/back in? Either way, it's working again.
Old 10-07-2020, 04:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Spoke too soon. Wife reported this am that she's lost the link yet again. This time around she'll follow the full steps you all have put forward here. Inexplicably, despite being plugged into our ChargePoint, which is set to charge from 2200-0600, the vehicle didn't charge last night. Not sure if it just wasn't plugged all the way in, or if it's related, but she'll be paying attention to that this evening.

Quick Reply: The dreaded 'vehicle cannot be reached' error