Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

The dreaded 'vehicle cannot be reached' error

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2021, 11:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 540 Likes on 401 Posts

Well, things are changing regarding the MyAudi app. I find I can now log in to MyAudi account via the MMI, could not do that before. In fact, now it seems, if I am not log in, if the car detects my phone via bluetooth, it will automatically log me in. On the app itself, previously I could not use any remote functions, but would still get delayed data updates . Now when I open the app, it shows NO data and says "update pending"
Old 07-04-2021, 12:39 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JNealCox
Well, things are changing regarding the MyAudi app. I find I can now log in to MyAudi account via the MMI, could not do that before. In fact, now it seems, if I am not log in, if the car detects my phone via bluetooth, it will automatically log me in. On the app itself, previously I could not use any remote functions, but would still get delayed data updates . Now when I open the app, it shows NO data and says "update pending"
I can still log in MyAudi via MMI, but remote commands from app does not work. Same story than before. Only data updates are coming when car is charging. And then those are coming like once per two hours or three hours. Or only once when charging is completed.
Old 07-04-2021, 03:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 540 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by valenimi
I can still log in MyAudi via MMI, but remote commands from app does not work. Same story than before. Only data updates are coming when car is charging. And then those are coming like once per two hours or three hours. Or only once when charging is completed.
My situation now seems a lot like yours. This morning, the app was telling me I was not set up as Key User, but I would go to the MMI and it showed me as Key User. I thought I would re-enter the Key User, but the MMI would not let me delete Key User. So, I went to the phone app, deleted my vehicle, logged out, restarted the phone, logged back into the app, re-entered my Vehicle. Eventually, then, I was able to delete Key User and add it back.

Now, at least my situation is like yours, I can log into MyAudi, both on the phone and in the MMI, and I am set up as Key User. Now I get status data, but it is old data, and I cannot access any of the remote features. Maybe the variety of dysfunction is getting narrowed down at least!
Old 07-05-2021, 07:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 82 Likes on 54 Posts

Looks like Audi is not dedicating many resources to the 2019. I know I've said it before and I will say it again, if I designed a system at work that was repeatedly down for weeks at a time I would be fired. I don't care how trivial some people think this remote functionality is, it is completely unacceptable that Audi is having these long and repeated outages.
Old 07-05-2021, 09:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry David
Looks like Audi is not dedicating many resources to the 2019. I know I've said it before and I will say it again, if I designed a system at work that was repeatedly down for weeks at a time I would be fired. I don't care how trivial some people think this remote functionality is, it is completely unacceptable that Audi is having these long and repeated outages.
I completely agree with you. I did IT work in a former life, and I would've had my *** handed to me if I let stuff like this happen. Thankfully, I've not had any issues recently with the app and my '21 model, but I feel for those that are going through this.