Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

The dreaded 'vehicle cannot be reached' error

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2020, 08:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I followed the steps of logging out and back in, then deleting and re-adding the key user, but this did not fix it for me I still have the same issue, I can refresh the car status but remote climate control and locking gives a vehicle cannot be reached error.

Is there a step I am missing?
Old 10-07-2020, 09:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 82 Likes on 54 Posts

Your unfortunately may need to bring your e-tron in to the dealer for 90M9.
Old 10-09-2020, 03:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 55 Likes on 37 Posts

Mine generally works pretty well, but I've been getting the error quite a bit more lately.

Shame they can't have it join a local WiFi or use Bluetooth to directly control, I can see it from our kitchen and the app just spins away and then comes up with the error.
Old 10-09-2020, 11:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 87 Likes on 69 Posts

Got a new message today when trying to retrieve vehicle status, I can’t remember it verbatim but it was something along the lines of “to preserve vehicle battery vehicle updates are limited to a few times per day.”

First time I’ve ever seen that message, it came right after I sent a start charging command to it, I was updating the status to confirm the charging started as the app wasn’t showing a change, but I wonder if that comes off as two vehicle update commands in a row. The message hasn’t repeated when I tried it again, but the vehicle status fails every time now.
Old 10-09-2020, 03:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 184 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Brock Tune
Got a new message today when trying to retrieve vehicle status, I can’t remember it verbatim but it was something along the lines of “to preserve vehicle battery vehicle updates are limited to a few times per day.”

First time I’ve ever seen that message, it came right after I sent a start charging command to it, I was updating the status to confirm the charging started as the app wasn’t showing a change, but I wonder if that comes off as two vehicle update commands in a row. The message hasn’t repeated when I tried it again, but the vehicle status fails every time now.
That message pops up when the app sends out requests that are too close together with respect to time. I get that sometimes when I manually update and the app already sent out its request from opening the app. If you manually update within a few seconds you will get it too.
Old 10-13-2020, 02:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

So this has been happening more and more and now I can’t ever seem to get the car to respond. It does update the app for charge levels, but any commands always come back with the dreaded message. Parked in the same spot as always with great reception, used to work flawlessly.

I guess I’ll have to try some reset procedures. Grrrr Audi.
The following users liked this post:
lkfoster (10-13-2020)
Old 10-17-2020, 02:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I finally have this resolved. The fix involved logging in to the Audi Connect website, which told me my password had expired. I created a new password, then went through the steps of removing the key user and adding back. After that, I can now control locking and climate from the app.
Louis Samson (10-22-2020)
Old 10-21-2020, 05:38 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The only way I have been able to resolve this is by logging out of the app (iOS), and removing the key user in the MMI. After logging back in with the key user information I then logged back in to the My Audi app and all was working. You can also try deleting the app, reinstalling, and logging back in before removing the key user information. Unfortunately, many issues with their software/servers.
Old 10-21-2020, 10:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

I also fixed this by logging out on the car, and then relogging into the app (which took forever to find the right password). I actually never relogged in on the car yet, but the app started working after logging in again - can control like before.

Come on Audi, these sort of glitches shouldn't stick around.
Old 06-26-2021, 11:59 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

any updates to this problem? I'm still getting this annoying cannot connect problem.

Quick Reply: The dreaded 'vehicle cannot be reached' error