Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

UK: Pre-sense volume adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2023, 07:09 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UK: Pre-sense volume adjustment

My e-tron required the pre-sense alert the other day and I noticed that the audible alarm was quiet and it didn't even pause any media/radio to really stand out. Is there any way to increase the volume of the alert sound? I noticed the breaks kicked in so there is the benefit of that but I think a louder alert is better, similar to what I had with my old mercedes.
Old 02-10-2023, 08:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 369 Likes on 209 Posts

It's tricky, but doable. When a notification kicks on, you have to immediately turn up the volume. Any volume **** adjustments during the announcement adjust the volume of the announcements (not the media volume). I haven't found anywhere in the menus to independently adjust it aside from waiting for an announcement and quick-draw style bumping up the volume.

That's also how the announcements end up getting turned down -- you were probably lowering the volume at some point and an announcement kicked on at the same time, so it started lowering the volume of the announcements.
Old 02-10-2023, 08:51 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skaven81
It's tricky, but doable. When a notification kicks on, you have to immediately turn up the volume. Any volume **** adjustments during the announcement adjust the volume of the announcements (not the media volume). I haven't found anywhere in the menus to independently adjust it aside from waiting for an announcement and quick-draw style bumping up the volume.

That's also how the announcements end up getting turned down -- you were probably lowering the volume at some point and an announcement kicked on at the same time, so it started lowering the volume of the announcements.
thank you!