Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

ED questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 12:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TIME89
Little aggressive but doable.
If you wish to see Welt, I would recommend to stay in hotel Campinsky Airport.
Just remember, Audi pick up one night stay in the hotel. So, if you fly in in the morning or middle of the day, check in to hotel, take a train to Welt and from welt take a train to Mariin Plaza and back to hotel. I herd breakfast there is very good. Next morning Audi will send car for your pick up.
One more advice - make sure you give your self time to adjust for new time zone.
Depending on my schedule I might have to come in day early and just buy one night at Kempinski. Welt is on my must see list. Thanks for advice on time zone but I'm completely aware of that. I just got back from Germany as a matter or fact. Anyway, the best strategy is to sleep on the way to Germany and stay awake on the way back. Works the best for me and minimizes jet lag. I see you are planning a trip yourself. Any places in particular you want to see? Govorish po-russki?
Old 01-18-2010, 12:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by CFGTTS
Do you think you are going to drive the Stelvio? Not in April if that is your intent. Nurburgring is worth it! Dorint Novotel at the ring is great with track views if you need a place to stay. Check your date online to make sure the track will be open to public that day!

Expect to your car to have miles on it, or I would be interested to know if it does as they will probably drive your car out to the farm lots for storage. Let me know. Mine had 26 miles on it. Not sure where they came from.
Sorry to hear about your bad experience with ED ( per other post). Is Stelvio completely closed in April? I checked out the Ring website, the public days are not listed in April at all, there are all kinds of events scheduled. I'll have to research it some more. Either way I'm going. There is always an option of Ring taxi but its pricey (200 euro). I'm surprised your car had so many miles on it. Even my BMW which I had delivered stateside only had 4 miles on it. I'll definitely let you know. Would you mind sharing a bit more details about your experience? PM me if you wish. Thanks.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CrazyIvan
Depending on my schedule I might have to come in day early and just buy one night at Kempinski. Welt is on my must see list. Thanks for advice on time zone but I'm completely aware of that. I just got back from Germany as a matter or fact. Anyway, the best strategy is to sleep on the way to Germany and stay awake on the way back. Works the best for me and minimizes jet lag. I see you are planning a trip yourself. Any places in particular you want to see? Govorish po-russki?
All in the air at the moment.
Was thinking to go Munich(just to see Welt), Prague, Vienna, North Italy, Monaco, South of France and drop of in Paris - 14 days.
3 more month to decide. I maybe move all trip to July 2011.
Govorish-govorish!
Old 01-18-2010, 04:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Stelvio is most likely closed till mid-may or june. I just cycled it last fall and drove it with the TTS. Most awesome road I have ever seen. Cycling it was fantastic as you could just stop at anytime and see the views, oh and catch your breath.

I will try to post my experience by the end of the week or PM you. Miles on the car were most likely because of me picking the car up a month after it was finished. They have parking areas out in farm fields that they blacktop over. Gary and Fiona of Audi have still not found out why so many miles!!!

http://www.alpineroads.com/passstatus.php
Attached Images   
Old 01-19-2010, 07:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by CFGTTS
Stelvio is most likely closed till mid-may or june. I just cycled it last fall and drove it with the TTS. Most awesome road I have ever seen. Cycling it was fantastic as you could just stop at anytime and see the views, oh and catch your breath.

I will try to post my experience by the end of the week or PM you. Miles on the car were most likely because of me picking the car up a month after it was finished. They have parking areas out in farm fields that they blacktop over. Gary and Fiona of Audi have still not found out why so many miles!!!

http://www.alpineroads.com/passstatus.php
Great pic of Stelvio! I definitely want to drive it. Is there any chance at all to drive it in mid-April? Or is it just closed period. Any alternative ways to get up there? (besides helicopter). I might have to take it off my itinerary completely
Old 01-20-2010, 05:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Great pic of Stelvio! I definitely want to drive it. Is there any chance at all to drive it in mid-April? Or is it just closed period. Any alternative ways to get up there? (besides helicopter). I might have to take it off my itinerary completely

I don't want to burst your bubble or say no. Just keep checking the pass Status! I was there in 2006 at the end of May and it didn't work out! This year when I was there in Mid-September it was snowing when I cycled to the top!

I also hit another beautiful pass in Austria: GrossGlockner, one of my favorites! Sella Loop near Cortina Italy was had 4 passes in a loop that were more beautiful than Stelvio, but Stelvio is sooooo unique! Epic!!!!

Last edited by CFGTTS; 01-20-2010 at 05:18 PM.
Old 01-20-2010, 05:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can check web came here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il6KA...layer_embedded

http://eastbounddown.com/2009/11/bmw...-stelvio-pass/

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...81&postcount=3

Last edited by TIME89; 01-20-2010 at 06:02 PM.