Audi Original "S" Cars Discussion forum for the Audi Audi Ur S4, Ur S6, S2 & RS2

Pricing/debating EM upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 01:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Here's my suggestion...

...get your clutch done, and get the right software for your set-up. Make sure the ignition/fueling system is up-to-par for RS2 power, then enjoy what you have. That car needs big brakes more than it needs more power - RS2 with the stock G60s is getting close (IMO) to too much engine for the brakes. Also, the car is wearing the stock suspension. You could get '92 UrS springs and it would get a bit better, or go H&R/Eibach and be quite a bit better.

After you do all that, then think about something bigger than RS2. Your car has over 200k miles, and considering the car's overall condition, I'd say you got a decent deal (even with the software hassles.) Still, that's 200k miles, and once you start getting bigger than RS2, you're gonna have to think about beefing up the bottom end. By the time you've done the other stuff, your chassis and brakes will be ready for that kind of "go". And you'll have had a chance to learn about really how much money and effort it takes to go above RS2.

Still, you need to get the car, in it's current state, sorted out. Then see what you think...
Old 04-27-2007, 01:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

and go 3.5"
Old 04-27-2007, 01:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

3rd........ok i'm a semi noob! where is the battery again?
Old 04-27-2007, 01:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

well, it does give a lower rpm boost spool up, that can be felt by the butt dyno
Old 04-27-2007, 01:40 PM

Default Re: Here's my suggestion...

It's not so much that I want to go above RS2, It's just that I have been told this and that and this and that about my car, and honestly it's running me around in circles. I'm to a point now where I want to get it in close to perfect running condition. Not beefing up the turbo or engine, but just getting it to where it should be, hence the rs2 replica injectors.

Clutch is DEFINITLY first on my list of things to do. I get my paycheck on may 5, and plan on going centerforce w/ in a week after. While the clutch is getting done hopefully Bob Myers will have sent the Chip (waiting on some codes). Once thats done, the car should be in much much much better condition, at that point in time I was considering a new muffler, because Dan Fast told me I have an extremely restrictive muffler.
And I have no problem with the deal I got.
Old 04-27-2007, 01:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default ya ss autochrome has a warranty! and stands behind their stuff a few honda guys i know built low

budget setups using their crap anything cracked a replacement was sent right out.
Old 04-27-2007, 01:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

thats a pretty bold statement and a WHOLE bunch of backpressure
Old 04-27-2007, 02:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

at RS2 levels there is no difference between stock and stromung... dyno proven
Old 04-27-2007, 03:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Somebody in Denver tried one. Lasted 2 hrs (they said) before it cracked. YMMV
Old 04-27-2007, 03:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Don't listen to what folks tell you.

There are very few non-UrS car folks that know the first thing about these cars. And there's guys like me who know a little, but not nearly as much as some of the guys in this forum, and on the Audifans UrS-car mailing list.

Restrictive muffler? Ask to see flow data.

Seriously.

Yes, matching injectors to fueling chip is critical, as is getting the right boost chip.

Get your clutch fixed. Then think about brakes.

Oh - if you ever have trouble with the boost gauge plumbing or electrics - blame me. I installed it.

Quick Reply: Pricing/debating EM upgrades