Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Q8 - OBDEleven

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2024, 11:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by otacon
Anybody located in Austin, TX would like to do couple of clicks with their OBD Eleven to my Q8 to change couple of settings? Happy to reimburse you for the time and cost of the OBD 11 Points, can bring beer also
I'd like to help you mate, if you have vcds or VAS I can do whatever you want, but I can't help with only odb11.
If you have one of them I can remote your desktop! 😉
Old 02-14-2024, 07:26 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello everyone. Thanks so much for this thread. I've read through the whole thing! haha.
These are the things I've done successfully with my standard OBDeleven:

Turned seatbelt chime off
Needle sweep
Comfort turn signal flashes from 3 to 5
Scandinavian DRL. With this one, is it possible to have this one work without the low beam headlights on? I don't remember seeing anything about that. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-14-2024, 08:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by golfnut1232

Scandinavian DRL. With this one, is it possible to have this one work without the low beam headlights on? I don't remember seeing anything about that. Thanks in advance.
This enables taillights with your daytime running lights, which are always on unless you’re in a region where they can be switched off and they’re switched off. I haven’t checked to see if the tails remain lit when you turn off the DRL, so only tails no lights up front, if that’s what you’re describing.
Old 02-14-2024, 08:31 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

What I'm getting after enabling Scandinavian DRL's and lights are on AUTO:

Front DRL's still work as before with animation when unlocking car
Tail Lights are now on during the day with animation when unlocking car
Front low beam led headlights are on during the day, which I'd rather it be just the front DRL's if possible.

Hope that makes sense.
Old 02-14-2024, 11:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by golfnut1232
What I'm getting after enabling Scandinavian DRL's and lights are on AUTO:

Front DRL's still work as before with animation when unlocking car
Tail Lights are now on during the day with animation when unlocking car
Front low beam led headlights are on during the day, which I'd rather it be just the front DRL's if possible.

Hope that makes sense.
If you're headlights are set to AUTO, only your DRLs should be lit if there is sufficient daylight. Your low beams come on based on the sensitivity of the light sensor. How do you know the low beams are on? Your low beams may come on due to entry/exit lighting, where you unlock your car, or prepare to exit your car, which seems to come on no matter the amount of daylight.

Or are you looking at the dash icon? If so, one indicates low beams are on, the other will always be on (when low beams are off) with Scandinavian DRLs activated.

If you see your headlights are in fact on, while moving, in the daylight, try adjusting the sensitivity of your lighting sensor:

Old 02-14-2024, 11:19 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jayemko
If you're headlights are set to AUTO, only your DRLs should be lit if there is sufficient daylight. Your low beams come on based on the sensitivity of the light sensor. How do you know the low beams are on? Your low beams may come on due to entry/exit lighting, where you unlock your car, or prepare to exit your car, which seems to come on no matter the amount of daylight.

Or are you looking at the dash icon? If so, one indicates low beams are on, the other will always be on (when low beams are off) with Scandinavian DRLs activated.

If you see your headlights are in fact on, while moving, in the daylight, try adjusting the sensitivity of your lighting sensor:

It was this morning when I was looking into this. It was light outside, but maybe not light enough. I'll check again and report. I will check the other items you've suggested as well. Thanks!
Old 02-15-2024, 10:59 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pittyxp
I'd like to help you mate, if you have vcds or VAS I can do whatever you want, but I can't help with only odb11.
If you have one of them I can remote your desktop! 😉
Greetings. Thank you for the offer but currently I do not have any cables or obd11. I just wanted some small adjustments done and I do not have other VAG group machine and was hoping that maybe someone in Austin TX area has one and want to do couple of clicks for me and receive a proper amount of beer for the favor.
Old 02-15-2024, 12:02 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thanks for the help jayemco. I was just a bit too early in the day when I was looking at the fronts and the low beams were on. Checked at around noon and they were off. Appreciate the helpful info.
The following users liked this post:
jayemko (02-18-2024)
Old 02-19-2024, 12:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Anyone have any luck yet with vehicles with SFD2 installed? Or heard any news?
The following users liked this post:
jbyeatman (02-19-2024)
Old 02-23-2024, 06:23 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Farmer Harv
Anyone have any luck yet with vehicles with SFD2 installed? Or heard any news?

sadly no success with a facelift SQ8

nothing works

so the OBD11 is going back

Quick Reply: Q8 - OBDEleven