I got a ticket couple of days ago. Anything I should be worried about? Demerit points?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 02:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default On several occasions in court I've heard the JP let people off after providing proof.

That you should at least be able to fight.

Actually, I would certainly fight that if you got 2 tickets during that stop. 3 tickets and things start looking hairy with insurance.

And as a disclaimer to all this, I'm not 100% sure every insurance company counts these piddly little tickets against you. I just know for a fact that mine does, as well as several other brokers and insurancehotline.com.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Seriously I'm jealous you can do that as well. S'pose I shouldn't try that with the new car...
Old 10-25-2007, 02:41 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Don't try it...

1. I think it'll bog unless you're chipped.
2. The OEM clutch won't be able to take it all that well (at least that was the case with my OEM B6 clutch).
Old 10-25-2007, 07:07 PM

Default Don't wait for a court date to fight the insurance ticket...

and don't bother going to the station. You'll never find the cop who gave you the ticket. Set up a "first attendance meeting" with a prosecutor (depending on where you have to go, you may just have to take a number and wait). Show him your paperwork, and he'll almost always throw out the ticket.

I had this happen to me, and I didn't even get a chance to sit down. I walked into the office, handed him the form they'd given me to fill out at the info desk, and he asked me "do you have your proof of insurance?" I said "yes, it's right he..." He didn't even give me a chance to finish my sentece, never mind bothering to look at it. He just said "it's cleared, have a good weekend" and I was on my way.

Now, having an unnecessary noise ticket at the same time may put him in a less giving mood, but talk to him about that one too. Go on a Friday afternoon (you have tomorrow, and next Friday), and you'll have a good chance of catching someone in a hurry to get their weekend started. Good luck.

Koz.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:45 PM

Default 2nd this. Set up a first attendance meeting 7-10 days from now.

I believe that it's a 'first come, first served' type of situation and you shouldn't have any issues getting the "failure to provide insurance" charge dismissed if you have the proper documentation.

I'm going in next Friday (was going to go mid week but koz4.2 has a good point about Fridays) to see if I can't talk my way out of my "failure to obey a stop signal" ticket.

From what I've read only a conviction will have any affect your insurance regardless of whether you get the demerit points or the fine amount lowered so aim for a full dismissal.

Good luck!
Old 10-25-2007, 08:35 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Gotcha.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Is it me or does it say that your car is an 08 Audi? Is that not incorrect information...

and something you can fight? Not sure if our system is still built like that but I remember you could get off if any information on the ticket was incorrect.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Speaking of unnecessary noise

Just make sure you don't have a concealed weapon on you lol....

<i>"As the driver was being questioned one officer reportedly noticed a bulge under the passenger's sweater."</i><ul><li><a href="http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_16136.aspx">http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_16136.aspx</a</li></ul>
Old 10-26-2007, 06:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default This was true in the past, not sure about now. I has tickets voided because the street intersectio

-n was wrong. Another time it was the date... both thrown out. If it is the wrong car...
Old 10-26-2007, 08:04 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Interesting.

Quick Reply: I got a ticket couple of days ago. Anything I should be worried about? Demerit points?