Am I chipped? - AudiWorld Forums

Performance and Tuning Discussion forum for various performance tuning techniques and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Am I chipped?

Old 11-29-2018, 05:04 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Am I chipped?

I have an 05 Allroad 2.7t 6MT that I have had for roughly a year now. It has 89k miles and I have all service up to date and it runs quite well. When I got it I was thinking about getting one of the many stage one tunes done for a little power bump. Right now it is totally stock with the exception of a KN air filter. The car is very responsive, it has terrific acceleration so I really havenít felt an urge to rush into the upgrade, but more power is, well, more power. I am wondering if it may already have a tune. The previous owner is deceased, so I have nobody to ask. Is there a way to find out before taking it to a tuner for the flash? I would hate to waste time and money. Any insight would be appreciated.