Q3 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q3 SUV

2019 Q3 - Drive System Malfunction

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2019, 08:26 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2019 Q3 - Drive System Malfunction

Hi

Has anyone else with a new Q3 experienced the Drive System Malfunction error which disables throttle and steering? It happened to me on Sunday night and I had the car flat-bedded to my local Audi dealer. While the car appeared normal after restarting, the error code was captured. My service advisor told me that this issue has appeared on a handful of new Q3s and that Audi is aware of the problem, but that at this time, there is no fix. In short, Audi feels that the vehicle is safe to drive.

I requested a letter from Audi before picking up the vehicle stating that there is a known issue with no known fix but that Audi feels the car is safe to drive which my local dealer refused to give me. I have escalated this to Audi corporate because I'm concerned that if the problem were to happen again on a highway, either me or someone in another vehicle could be seriously injured or worse.

Curious if anyone else has had the same problem??
Old 12-04-2019, 12:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by sdg33139
Hi

Has anyone else with a new Q3 experienced the Drive System Malfunction error which disables throttle and steering? It happened to me on Sunday night and I had the car flat-bedded to my local Audi dealer. While the car appeared normal after restarting, the error code was captured. My service advisor told me that this issue has appeared on a handful of new Q3s and that Audi is aware of the problem, but that at this time, there is no fix. In short, Audi feels that the vehicle is safe to drive.

I requested a letter from Audi before picking up the vehicle stating that there is a known issue with no known fix but that Audi feels the car is safe to drive which my local dealer refused to give me. I have escalated this to Audi corporate because I'm concerned that if the problem were to happen again on a highway, either me or someone in another vehicle could be seriously injured or worse.

is that means you lost control of the gas paddle and the steering wheel is locked?
Old 02-05-2021, 05:15 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi

I am currently experiencing this problem and my 2020 Q3 is at the dealership for a scan. The service manager claims to never have heard of the problem. My car has about 3500 miles on it and the incident occurred as I was going approximately 10-15 mph and about to accelerate onto another road. Needless to say, it was very frightening and luckily I was in a low traffic area and managed to get the car safely to a parking area. I turned the car off and then restarted it. After restarting, the car ran normally although there remained a white indicator light.

I am curious to hear the dealership's explanation and your idea of requesting a letter is a good one which I shall also attempt. An event like this in the wrong place could result in injury or fatality to both myself and other drivers and I have no interest in either. I am interested to hear if you've had any luck the Audi corporate.
Old 02-23-2021, 06:28 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi

I have the same problem. It was so unsafe, happened on a left turn. I was lucky that there were no oncoming traffic and that it didn't happen in the highway which I was to enter in a minute! This is so unsafe to drive.
Old 02-23-2021, 07:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 80 Likes on 55 Posts

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/new-member-welcome-area-162/audi-q3-tsb-2056411-1-a-2981508/