Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Footwell lights

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by deAutoLED.com
Any update, did you get these installed?
Nope, they are either glued in{haha} or so dam tight I will break one trying to get them out so I'm at a standstill.
Old 09-26-2017, 01:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts

I have the exterminator in every month, so I don't have to worry about mice or roaches running around down there at night.

What exactly are you guys all so concerned about seeing down on the floorboards??
Old 09-26-2017, 02:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Redd
I have the exterminator in every month, so I don't have to worry about mice or roaches running around down there at night.

What exactly are you guys all so concerned about seeing down on the floorboards??
I used the mirror to see up under the front seats when replacing the rear footwell lights. They are difficult to remove and replace with the LEDs unless you can see what you're doing. BTW, I can't begin to tell you how many friends I have who thought they didn't have a rodent problem until they stored a car over the winter. Come spring there were mouse feces throughout the car, upholstery was chewed up as well as electrical wiring. IMHO it's better to be safe than sorry when storing a vehicle particularly in the winter time when the little fellas are looking for a nice spot to winter over.
Old 09-26-2017, 04:10 PM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by jimdolian
I used the mirror to see up under the front seats when replacing the rear footwell lights. They are difficult to remove and replace with the LEDs unless you can see what you're doing. BTW, I can't begin to tell you how many friends I have who thought they didn't have a rodent problem until they stored a car over the winter. Come spring there were mouse feces throughout the car, upholstery was chewed up as well as electrical wiring. IMHO it's better to be safe than sorry when storing a vehicle particularly in the winter time when the little fellas are looking for a nice spot to winter over.
It is also style and preference, we have many customers that will email us as soon as they purchase a new car to LED it out.
i: http://instagram.com/deAutoLED
Old 09-26-2017, 04:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I just thought with most everything else being red and red footwells world look cool and it does.{in the front at least}
Old 09-26-2017, 04:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by jimdolian
I put the all the way forward and up and was able to get to them.
Old 09-30-2017, 07:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by shokhead
I put the all the way forward and up and was able to get to them.
Well I tried again. Got my hand behind to push and use a small flat wide head screw driver and just got each out. Neither went back in tight and are now loose back in. They did not come out or go back in like the front footwells or the 3 in the read hatch and sides.
Old 10-01-2017, 04:09 PM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by shokhead
Well I tried again. Got my hand behind to push and use a small flat wide head screw driver and just got each out. Neither went back in tight and are now loose back in. They did not come out or go back in like the front footwells or the 3 in the read hatch and sides.
Do you have any photos, the clip should hold this in.
i: http://instagram.com/deAutoLED
Old 10-02-2017, 07:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by deAutoLED.com
Do you have any photos, the clip should hold this in.
No photos.