Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

YEEHAW! Audi to Buy Back 3.0L TDIs

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2017, 06:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gotham
So, I too got my offer letter and it seems rather low. I was offered $8,623.54 for my 2015 Q5 TDi which has an MSRP of $59,525.00.

I had

Audi Exclusive Color - $3,900
Technology Pack - $4,000
S-Line Plus - $2,100
B&O - $850.00
Sport Interior - $750.00

Current Milesge - 23k

is there anyway I can verify all options have been included? A calculator of sorts?
Don't know about a calculator, but this is exactly my car (including the year) and I was offered exact same amount.
Old 05-31-2017, 07:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 567 Likes on 449 Posts

IIRC for the Gen2's they only cared about Premium/Premium+/Prestige/S-Line; all other options had no impact on what you were getting back.
Old 05-31-2017, 07:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by dreadlocks
IIRC for the Gen2's they only cared about Premium/Premium+/Prestige/S-Line; all other options had no impact on what you were getting back.
if that's the case, GEN 2s are clearly getting screwed.
Old 05-31-2017, 07:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

options dont add much on the used market.. Its pretty easy to score a better optioned vehicle if your willing to wait and shop around.. they also dont add much to trade in values; they are the kinda things the original owners eat right out of the lot.

on my Gen1 VW they didnt give me anything for my technology package and actually reduced my settlement because I had a 6MT, it was freaking hard to get a 6MT w/TechPkg and I sure didnt pay less because of it.

If they are not intending on buying em back and can restore them to all certified parameters w/out ruining them then whats it matter what options it had?

Last edited by dreadlocks; 05-31-2017 at 07:53 PM.
Old 05-31-2017, 07:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Gotham
if that's the case, GEN 2s are clearly getting screwed.
Where much of that will come in is if you receive a buyback. Then specific options will play a greater factor in the values as anything on your Monroney Label that is not listed in the NADA guide will be treated as an individual line item for valuation vice being lumped in the overall value.

Grey
Old 05-31-2017, 07:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by dreadlocks
options dont add much on the used market.. Its pretty easy to score a better optioned vehicle if your willing to wait and shop around.. they also dont add much to trade in values; they are the kinda things the original owners eat right out of the lot.

on my Gen1 VW they didnt give me anything for my technology package and actually reduced my settlement because I had a 6MT, it was freaking hard to get a 6MT w/TechPkg and I sure didnt pay less because of it.

If they are not intend on buying em back and can restore them to all certified parameters w/out ruining them then whats it matter what options it had?
I totally agree, but the basic options such as tech, s-line and sport packs does add something towards the overall price on the used market. The Audi Exclusive color is a personal choice, so don't expect that back at all.
Old 05-31-2017, 08:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 82 Likes on 59 Posts

Arrived this morning as well.
Seems kind of low

Last edited by Dudealicious; 05-31-2017 at 08:14 PM.
Old 06-01-2017, 04:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

^^Low, high, or in the middle, it is what it is. Now, frankly, is too late to be tuning in to the settlement details. But, at least you still have the car. On TDI Club, flippers are doing cyber high fives celebrating their massive profits on gen 1's, as many as 20 by one owner. I have been puzzling over this for weeks now. I am dismayed at the idea of profiteers who know more and take advantage of others who know less; do they have trouble sleeping because of all the untruths, or is it because there are so MANY suckers out there and not enough time to get to them all? Or maybe they sleep like babies.

it now occurs to me that maybe the folks being "taken" by the flippers know that they are being taken and simply don't care. Their lives are too busy and their time too valuable to worry about trivial matters such as dieselgate and free money from VW.
Old 06-01-2017, 09:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

If they cared why in the hell would they sell a vehicle they just had to hold onto for a little bit for a big payout?

Given when my vehicle was put on the market, I was surprised as hell that my PO also claimed the vehicle with me.. If they wanted the #dieselgate money they just had to hold onto it a little longer, seems they took it back to the dealer the month the warranty expired.. but the dealer didnt inform em about the #dieselgate bridge warranty it seems.. is that the dealers fault or the previous owners? dunno but I sleep fine and if I had the means to turn in a dozen cars I would in a heartbeat.
Old 06-01-2017, 09:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mythdoc
^^Low, high, or in the middle, it is what it is. Now, frankly, is too late to be tuning in to the settlement details. But, at least you still have the car. On TDI Club, flippers are doing cyber high fives celebrating their massive profits on gen 1's, as many as 20 by one owner. I have been puzzling over this for weeks now. I am dismayed at the idea of profiteers who know more and take advantage of others who know less; do they have trouble sleeping because of all the untruths, or is it because there are so MANY suckers out there and not enough time to get to them all? Or maybe they sleep like babies.

it now occurs to me that maybe the folks being "taken" by the flippers know that they are being taken and simply don't care. Their lives are too busy and their time too valuable to worry about trivial matters such as dieselgate and free money from VW.
I think that I know who you're referring too. He bought most of them from dealerships.

Quick Reply: YEEHAW! Audi to Buy Back 3.0L TDIs