Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

YEEHAW! Audi to Buy Back 3.0L TDIs

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2017, 07:16 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My appointment is on the 7th, didn't realize Audi did a couple free oil changes. I don't think it is worth it at this point. My air conditioning just went out (or ran out of/leaked refrigerant) on the Q7 as well, so this whole claims appointment is timely but it's been pretty hot these past few days!
Old 06-26-2017, 04:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Pryme57
The checklist I was given states:

Government issued Photo ID for each listed owner
Transferable Title (If you have a lienholder, you don't need to bring this)
All keys and key FOBs
Notarized power of attorney for titleholders (if they can't show up)
Certified Check (If you owe money after buyback..)
and the Vehicle that matches the VIN associated with the claim
That looks like a list for a 'buyback turn-in'... not for the initial meeting for accepting the fix..
Old 06-26-2017, 05:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 251 Likes on 211 Posts

So if your car has a Takata airbag igniter that can explode and injure or kill you, Takata declares bankruptcy and it is said it might take until 2023 to replace all the defective units. No mention is made of the auto manufacturers having to buy back these vehicles. BUT --- build a diesel that emits too much NOX and---- a 20 billion $ buyback. Does this make sense to anyone?

http://money.cnn.com/2017/06/25/news...tcy/index.html

Last edited by J. Patterson; 06-26-2017 at 06:19 AM.
Old 06-26-2017, 06:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by J. Patterson
So if your car has a Takata airbag ignighter that can explode and injure or kill you, Takata declares bankruptcy and it is said it might take until 2023 to replace all the defective units. No mention is made of the auto manufacturers having to buy back these vehicles. BUT --- build a diesel that emits too much NOX and---- a 20 billion $ buyback. Does this make sense to anyone?

Takata, brought down by airbag crisis, files for bankruptcy - Jun. 25, 2017
Nope, and this has been my point all along...
Old 06-26-2017, 09:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by J. Patterson
So if your car has a Takata airbag igniter that can explode and injure or kill you, Takata declares bankruptcy and it is said it might take until 2023 to replace all the defective units. No mention is made of the auto manufacturers having to buy back these vehicles. BUT --- build a diesel that emits too much NOX and---- a 20 billion $ buyback. Does this make sense to anyone?

Takata, brought down by airbag crisis, files for bankruptcy - Jun. 25, 2017
+1
Just insane. Insane, like allowing Takata a monopoly in the first place !
Old 06-26-2017, 10:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Class Counsel

Was advised to call "class counsel" by an advisor I spoke to at the claims portal help phone line. Called # VW provided got answering machine that said they are returning calls in the order received. Anyone have any experience with the "class counsel"? How long did it take to get callback?
Old 06-26-2017, 02:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 118 Likes on 100 Posts

Thankfully Audi's exposure is limited.Mostly Autoliv (Swedish) bags.Try to imagine what this means for Honda, Toyota and many others.Owners have to drive on with grenades in their dashboards.Oh well !
Old 06-26-2017, 03:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tmfstyle
Was advised to call "class counsel" by an advisor I spoke to at the claims portal help phone line. Called # VW provided got answering machine that said they are returning calls in the order received. Anyone have any experience with the "class counsel"? How long did it take to get callback?
I had to contact the class council with one of my buyback VWs, and if I remember he got back to me within a few days. After that I had his direct phone number, and if he didn't answer when I called he returned it no later than the next day. I believe he was located on the east coast, so keep any time zone change in mind.

And he was a GREAT help with a screwed up payment check!
Old 06-26-2017, 05:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts

J.P.-
The Takati situation is a product liability matter. The Deiselgate matter is founded in fraud and criminal violation of statutes. The fact is, product liability and other civil suits get a ride on the slow boat, criminal violations go to court faster.
It should matter when people are being killed but that's how it goes. Also, Takata did not "offend" any direct regulations against them, they just *ed the pooch.

The company buying most of their assets may also acquire patent rights to the airbags and wind up being the second-source supplier for all the auto manufacturers who now will still need to pull airbags out of a hat.
Old 06-26-2017, 09:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Several of us have appts coming up on the fifth of July at the dealership with our cars. I can't remember reading anything at the "portal" about what to bring other than the vehicle itself. Anyone have anything concrete about what they'll want to see?
TIA.

Quick Reply: YEEHAW! Audi to Buy Back 3.0L TDIs