Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

YEEHAW! Audi to Buy Back 3.0L TDIs

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2017, 07:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

Congrats Mark! That $11K is the key to the deal. Good job! You'll have a great ride home in that beauty, probably the most attractive car in the Audi TDI lineup.
Old 03-10-2017, 08:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by libertarian
You can see my separate post on this topic but my local dealer is trying to weasel out of covering a failure in my Ad Blue pump/nozzle. My car is just out of warranty and while I am not sure it's covered under the admissions warranty I assume it's covered under the proposed extended warranty on the emissions system. If they do come back and try not to cover this failure I'm trying to figure out how I should respond. I've contacted the EPA but it's basically impossible to get to someone who knows anything.

I'm amazed they are even questioning this but the local service people know nothing and they are deferring to some other person somewhere else.

I love my Q5 but I will never buy another Audi again. What a freaking joke this entire process has been.
Dealers feel like they were out on a limb and had it sawed off by dieselgate. Still, politely but firmly stick to your guns. Call Audi corporate. If all else fails, clear the faults and drive until the warranty kicks in.
Old 03-10-2017, 08:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 252 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark P

Guess I need to sell the TTRS now. I had been looking for an S5 recently to swap out for the TTRS (just to change things up as it's been almost 3 years with the TTRS and APR just came out with their 498hp upgrade for the 333hp 3.0T which is tempting.
Hmm. I have considered selling my 25000 mile 2015 S5 6sd manual trans sport diff, Prestige. Ibis ( former Audi corporate car) and looking for a TTRS.
Suppose we should talk? ( Yes the new APR. stage 2+ Is tempting.)
Old 03-10-2017, 08:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

And since it was one owner, sold after 1/31, there's no eligible prior owner to put a claim in on this car, so I get at least $11k. If it goes to buyback, I'd get ~$75k
Mark, are you sure the car was not sold to the dealer before Jan 31st, or was not a lease? If either of those are true then the amount you are expecting will be reduced.

Grey
Old 03-10-2017, 08:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sigq5
We also got got it.
It appears that when we registered for VW settlement we are automatically registered to get Busch's. Did I get this right?
Thx
That is my understanding as well.
Old 03-10-2017, 08:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Also it looks like I just bought an A7 TDI also, lol!

Guess I need to sell the TTRS now. I had been looking for an S5 recently to swap out for the TTRS (just to change things up as it's been almost 3 years with the TTRS and APR just came out with their 498hp upgrade for the 333hp 3.0T which is tempting), and I got a hit the other day on my A7 TDI search that met criteria I wanted since last Aug when I was looking but ended up buying our 2nd Q5 TDI at the time. With so few A7 TDIs available, and never again, I decided I just had to get it. I'll be flying across country next week to drive it back. Should be a great road trip in that car.

Details:
2014 A7 TDI
> Daytona Gray / Black Interior
> Prestige (S Line bumpers, Bose, 4-zone climate, Ambient lighting plus w/LED, front seat ventilation, power steering column, folding/heated mirrors, adaptive/cornering lights)
> Sport Package (3-Spoke Steering Wheel w/Paddle Shifters and Sport Suspension)
> Black Optic Package (20" 7-spoke bi-color wheels 265/35R20 summer tires)
> Cold Weather Package (Heated Steering Wheel & Rear Seats)
> LED Headlights w/ LED DRLs
> 41k miles (Warranty until 50k or May 2018)
> AudiCare (45k service upcoming)
> All service done at dealership
> No warranty claims
> 1 owner (apparently has some nice other cars - car is in Monterey, CA)
> Just got new tires put on.

I'm paying high $44k ($45,100 and they are paying my flight out)

And since it was one owner, sold after 1/31, there's no eligible prior owner to put a claim in on this car, so I get at least $11k. If it goes to buyback, I'd get ~$75k
Cohgratulations. If you like TDIs (as I do) I don't see how you can go wrong. When the $11k gift you'll receive is figured into your deal you got a steal.
Old 03-10-2017, 10:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Volkswagen pleads guilty in U.S. court in diesel emissions scandal | Reuters

Just sharing. Doesn't immediately indicate to me this has any significant impact on the settlement...
Old 03-10-2017, 11:18 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mythdoc
Congrats Mark! That $11K is the key to the deal. Good job! You'll have a great ride home in that beauty, probably the most attractive car in the Audi TDI lineup.
Thanks! I know people are pretty (bi?)polar on the looks of it. With Prestige (S Line bumpers) and Black Optics (Dark trim/grille, 7-spoke 20"), it gives it a much nicer appearance IMO.

I recall reading these reviews when it came out but never considered one for myself until I was Q5 #2 shopping - and here we are...

Road Test: 2014 Audi A7 TDI - AudiWorld

Road Test: 2015 Audi A7 TDI - AudiWorld

Here's my likely plan across country. I may drop down to Nashville instead of Louisville. I've done I40 from Vegas to Raleigh before so wanted a different route this time.

Suggestions for places to See/Eat/Stay along the way are welcomed

Roughly it looks like I could maybe make it to Vegas the first night (late night - pretty sure time doesn't matter there ). Then
Day#2 could get me to Denver,
Day#3 to Kansas City (mmmm BBQ!),
Day#4 to Louisville (doesn't seem exciting, just half way home. Or I could go to Nashville instead),
Day#5 to Raleigh.
That keeps each day in the 8hr driving range (Vegas to Denver more like 10hrs) which seems "reasonable"

Last edited by Mark P; 03-10-2017 at 11:42 AM.
Old 03-10-2017, 11:24 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Originally Posted by J. Patterson
Hmm. I have considered selling my 25000 mile 2015 S5 6sd manual trans sport diff, Prestige. Ibis ( former Audi corporate car) and looking for a TTRS.
Suppose we should talk? ( Yes the new APR. stage 2+ Is tempting.)
Wow you are evil! Ok, tell me more ;-) email to theschoolbus at g mail dot com. If it was Daytona Gray, it would be ideal as it seems I'm shifting all of our white cars to gray. We had 4 white in a row and now 2 gray in a row. I was envisioning us ending up with Daytona Q5TDI/A7TDI/S5.

Problem is I don't want 4 cars from now until the scandal is resolved - at which time we'll part with the white Q5...

Oh, and are your seats black alcantara? That's on my requirement list. Hopefully not so I won't be tempted to do something silly.
Old 03-10-2017, 11:27 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Originally Posted by HBarlow
Cohgratulations. If you like TDIs (as I do) I don't see how you can go wrong. When the $11k gift you'll receive is figured into your deal you got a steal.
Since we will now have 3 TDIs, yeah I guess I like them lol!

I look forward to adding the A7 TDI (EPA 24/38 mpg) to this graph:

Quick Reply: YEEHAW! Audi to Buy Back 3.0L TDIs