Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Fog lights

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2016, 03:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fog lights

Apologies for my laziness to check my manual. I was driving in fog today and couldnt find where to turn on fog lights. I just put the lights on auto. Will that do the trick?
Old 09-23-2016, 04:33 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

The two buttons left of the light dial. Top one is front, bottom one is rear. Auto will not turn on your fogs.
Old 09-23-2016, 08:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

There are no actual fog lights on the new Q7 - not like the previous generation.
There is a button on the headlight switch panel (left side of the rotary switch - top button with a headlight pointing into a cloud) that turns on "all weather lights". These are not separate lights, but rather "automatically adjusts the front lights so that there is less glare for the driver from his or her own lights" (per the manual). There are rear fog lights controlled by the bottom button below the All weather light switch.
If you have a Prestige with all the Driver Assist goodies those little round globe things in the front facia where you would expect fog lights to be are radar sensors - not lights.
Old 09-23-2016, 10:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

thank you ;-)
Old 09-24-2016, 12:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cadx6
There are no actual fog lights on the new Q7 - not like the previous generation.
There is a button on the headlight switch panel (lefts) side of the rotary switch - top button with a headlight pointing into a cloud) that turns on "all weather lights". These are not separate lights, but rather "automatically adjusts the front lights so that there is less glare for the driver from his or her own lights" (per the manual). There are rear fog lights controlled by the bottom button below the All weather light switch.
If you have a Prestige with all the Driver Assist goodies those little round globe things in the front facia where you would expect fog lights to be are radar sensors - not lights.
It looks to me like the new does have separate fogs 'bulbs' if you will. They are in the front headlamp assembly.

See pic without fog switch turned on and see the other turned on.

Fog lamps not activated.

Fog lamps activated.
Old 09-26-2016, 03:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yes, there are actual fog lights. They seem to illuminate mostly out to the side. Also, they illuminate the direction you are turning when the headlights are on and you have your turn signal on. That feature was unexpected and is pretty cool.
Old 09-26-2016, 06:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

^^ sounds like the perfect post for the hidden gem thread
Old 09-26-2016, 07:19 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Rheagar
Also, they illuminate the direction you are turning when the headlights are on and you have your turn signal on. That feature was unexpected and is pretty cool.
Yea it's their pedestrian safety direction. You don't notice things like this when you live in a city, but out in the burbs or country where street lights are few, it's hard to see pedestrians crossing when you're turning. It also helps you see unnecessarily large crowns/dips in the intersection. I really like it.
Old 09-26-2016, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rheagar
Yes, there are actual fog lights. They seem to illuminate mostly out to the side. Also, they illuminate the direction you are turning when the headlights are on and you have your turn signal on. That feature was unexpected and is pretty cool.

Yeah really neat function. I love it. I actually noticed the right side fog lamp turn on after I turned my steering wheel slightly to the right in my garage. I didn't even have my turn signals on.

Driving at night, I love the wide coverage they provide !