Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Side Mirror Angles

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2019, 06:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by mattwhit
This is pretty straightforward mirror geometry folks... unless you're sitting on your center console when you're driving, the passenger mirror angle will need to be different so you can see that side of the vehicle. Look at your rear view mirror, which way is it tilted? I think Audi does this so the mirrors appear to be symmetrical (glass mirror in relation to plastic body) from inside the vehicle. And yes, I think most manufactures do this...
Different manufacturers achieve this via different means. What OP is referring to, is NOT the fact that the angles of the mirror (glass) are different, it's that the HOUSING of the mirror is at a different angle to the body of the vehicle. Not sure if this is unique to Audi, and it's not something that's visible casually. On the other hand, while this is an interesting observation, it doesn't really have an impact on my enjoyment of the vehicle, so I guess I don't care ?...
Old 03-25-2019, 07:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gsobol
Different manufacturers achieve this via different means. What OP is referring to, is NOT the fact that the angles of the mirror (glass) are different, it's that the HOUSING of the mirror is at a different angle to the body of the vehicle. Not sure if this is unique to Audi, and it's not something that's visible casually. On the other hand, while this is an interesting observation, it doesn't really have an impact on my enjoyment of the vehicle, so I guess I don't care ?...
Thanks gsobol, that's exactly what I was referring to. You are also correct that there is no impact on my enjoyment for my Q7. I created this thread simply to share my "accidental" observation to everyone here.