Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Top View Camera changing to graphic mode?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2018, 10:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Audi707

yes 18 since February. For the longest time couldn’t figure out why my view kept switching in reverse. Since the key FOB thing. Solid in camera view.

Another time I noticed setting change is when my wife pushes setting 2 for driver. Even when I set my setting back to 1, the Q would default back to hers. Then one day I left my keys on the counsel. Seat settings stayed...and then the camera view stayed
Interesting - I did try the key fob recommendation and it stayed for a while, but recently switched to graphic randomly again. I notice your keys are on the console - I keep mine in my pocket. Maybe that's the difference, but can't see how it would matter. Still waiting for a fix from Audi....
Old 11-11-2018, 10:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 327 Likes on 255 Posts

Have you tried "unchecking" toggling front/rear camera automatically (in that same menu as the graphic view)? Someone had posted that was the "dealer fix" (obviously not a "fix"). It would be that random situation that might be causing it to revert to graphic. It's not all driving situations that the front camera toggles on.
Old 11-11-2018, 11:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Wires
Have you tried "unchecking" toggling front/rear camera automatically (in that same menu as the graphic view)? Someone had posted that was the "dealer fix" (obviously not a "fix"). It would be that random situation that might be causing it to revert to graphic. It's not all driving situations that the front camera toggles on.
Actually tried all variations of automation on/off, and nothing lasted - eventually reverted when backing up. It may have reduced the incidence - didn't count - but nothing so far works permanently. I'm inclined to agree with Audi - this is a software problem. And it's obviously not their top priority to address.
Old 11-11-2018, 02:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Doc H
Actually tried all variations of automation on/off, and nothing lasted - eventually reverted when backing up. It may have reduced the incidence - didn't count - but nothing so far works permanently. I'm inclined to agree with Audi - this is a software problem. And it's obviously not their top priority to address.
Tried everything too. Unchecked the boxes, put the key fob on the key location on the center consul and it still reverts to to graphic. Hoping Audi actually has a TBS to fix it. My dealer doesn't even know it is a problem (or won't admit) so I need to walk in with a TBS number for them.
Old 11-11-2018, 02:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 104 Likes on 79 Posts

There is a thread on the new TSB that just came out...

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-...verse-2960885/
Old 11-11-2018, 02:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hasn't come out yet. Says it will be issued Tuesday. I need a number or something firm to take to my dealer to get them to fix it.
Old 11-11-2018, 07:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Spaceframe
Hasn't come out yet. Says it will be issued Tuesday. I need a number or something firm to take to my dealer to get them to fix it.

Same here - no number, no fixie....
Old 11-15-2018, 09:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 121 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by AUDIQSS
I just received a message from the Service Manager at my local dealer. In it he announces: "It came to my attention that the fix for the top view camera is in. I have availability Tuesday and on next week."
I just returned from the dealer where I had the update done to my 2018 Q7's MMI to fix the Top View Camera problem. I believe it HAS BEEN fixed (finally). My MMI now says version 1316 where before it was a version in the 1100's. I arrived at the dealer at 0900 and departed at 1110. Just over two hours, not bad. But I think they were less busy today than normal because of the snow (Northern Virginia).

Here is what the service invoice says:

C/S BACKUP CAMERA WILL NOT STAY SET ON TOP VIEW. (SOFTWARE UPDATE AVAILABLE)

svm code update performed created for VIN , technical service bulletin pending.

(Spellings, punctuation, and caps are as they appeared on the invoice.)

I am going back tomorrow to have my S5 Cab updated as well.
Old 11-15-2018, 10:26 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the update. Let's hope that this actually fixes the issue. I have a couple questions though -- were you able to retract your MMI screen while driving before the update, and can you do it after? I have an early build 2018 and I can retract my MMI while driving. I fear that any software update will disable that feature.
Old 11-15-2018, 10:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 121 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by HPMan
Thanks for the update. Let's hope that this actually fixes the issue. I have a couple questions though -- were you able to retract your MMI screen while driving before the update, and can you do it after? I have an early build 2018 and I can retract my MMI while driving. I fear that any software update will disable that feature.
Just took a quick drive and yes I can still retract the screen while driving. Haven't found any negatives yet to the update.

Quick Reply: Top View Camera changing to graphic mode?