RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

How do folks like the Euro wheel

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 10:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do folks like the Euro wheel

For those folks who have installed the Euro wheel, how do you like it? I almost pulled the trigger on buying one, but as I was driving home tonight, I tried to imagine driving without the convenience of being able to initiate phone calls and control the stereo functions, etc. I realize this sounds lame (we're talking about an RS4 after all and this is a driver's car) but it is a daily driver too and the reality is I do make and receive phone calls while stuck in traffic, and I find myself changing radio stations and adjusting volume quite a bit. My conclusion: I'm not sure the cool factor of the Euro wheel and how it might feel (I wouldn't know since I've never put my hands on one) will outweigh the conveniences of the US spec wheel. Thoughts?

Thanks,
Old 03-13-2007, 12:50 AM

Default For me giving up the functions on the US wheel was a "no

brainer" since I didn't even get the premium package. Nav is next to useless in Las Vegas with the fast growth.All I wanted were the homelink & sat radio which I've added. The thicker wheel and trip computer buttons are more useful than those on the wiper stalk and I love the lap timer. The Euro wheel just fits the interior which now looks "complete" and cohesive.
Old 03-13-2007, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default I have thought about this also and would miss the controls

The multi function wheel on the new TT looks interesting. It looks as if it has similar features to ours but the shape is more like the Euro RS4. I would like to take a closer look at one of those, paerticularly if they offer a thicker version.
Old 03-13-2007, 07:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I love the euro wheel...

Yes you lose the controls, but you get a few as well. The S button and trip computer controls are now on the wheel. As far as the phone, I have mine mounted in the car and I use it to intiate my calls. I'm not a fan of voice dialing so this works better for me. The volume isn't a big deal to reach over, but of course it's not as easy as the steering wheel controls.

The only issue I have is for Sirius. It's a pain to scroll through the stations without the steering wheel controls, but I just preset my favorites and it doesn't really bother me.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

I wish the phone features were there and that I wasn't getting a fault stating "improper coding".
Old 03-13-2007, 08:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Not worth giving up MMI controls for good looks - YMMV
Old 03-13-2007, 02:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default While this may be a daily driver for some, it is a performance car.....

That being said, the Euro wheel is a MUST HAVE option. Not only does it look proper, the wheel is over an inch small in diameter than the stock US wheel and it really makes the car feel different. It actually feels like it quickens up the steering which is the result of the diameter change. I very rarely use the radio anyway - the music comes from under the hood. I also only drive it in Sport mode mainly for the wonderful sound. Once you try this you'll wonder how you got along without it.
Old 03-13-2007, 07:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

love it, would never go back.
Old 03-13-2007, 07:47 PM

Default Re: While this may be a daily driver for some, it is a performance car.....

For me, it's both (i.e., a daily driver AND a performance car). In any event, I didn't realize the OD of the wheel was smaller. This broadens the appeal of the wheel for me. Thanks John and everyone for the feedback on the wheel.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Not only is it smaller in diameter it is VERY ergonomic. As I said before..

it really makes driving this car alot of fun and very rewarding. If you want one email Alex at Europrice (part of Stassis) His address is: contact@euro-audi-parts.com The wheels he has are the proper ones with the correct airbag for the RS4. The price is $1,359 + shiping.