S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

2013 S4 vs 335i lease (May) Comparison

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 07:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by av_audi
Is this processing fee for ordering a car as opposed to buying it off the lot? Or are we talking about something else.

Btwy, you should perhaps send the "non-refundable" stamped receipt to whatever government authorities in VA deal with this stuff.
No its just dealer shananigans to make more money. They put it on any care not just those ordered. Way to maximize profit I guess.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by kasher_khan
Ok. I am glad I cancelled the Order with Tysons HBL.

Audi of Rockville are willing to match their invoice + 500 and their processing fees are $200 in MD as opposed to $385 in VA. Also they don't want a non refundable clause in the deposit slip.

So I am waiting for Chantilly dealer to match the offer.

I am also wondering if any of you that placed the orders had trades. I am wondering if the dealer is going to give me a price that is valid for 3 months (+- few thousand mile). Because obviously they can easily recover the costs of a decent sale price by offering a bad one for my trade.

I already have a carmax offer (expired) but still I know what is the bottom trade in cost to go with. I also can consider that I have 3 more months to privately sell the car.

Just wondering how others tackled this...
Have you considered taking in the vehicle to Carmax for an appraisal? Even if you dont sell it to them, I would do it just as a reference...and at the time of purchasing your new car dont tell them you are going to trade a vehicle in until you have the final numbers then mention the trade. You will have somewhat of a gauge of what the vehicle is really worth. Good Luck
Old 05-23-2012, 11:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by sendmeone
Have you considered taking in the vehicle to Carmax for an appraisal? Even if you dont sell it to them, I would do it just as a reference...and at the time of purchasing your new car dont tell them you are going to trade a vehicle in until you have the final numbers then mention the trade. You will have somewhat of a gauge of what the vehicle is really worth. Good Luck
yes I have a quote for carmax (which expired this week)but yeah, I know what the car is worth. I understand the leasing is a pass fail situation. I am sure I can figure out money factors and residuals for the month of delivery ahead of time. But there is always stuff that dealer can pull on leases and I know I can't beat them at their game, I can atleast not be easy prey.

I think I am going to go with Audi of Rockville's offer. Any reason I should be avoiding an out of state purchase when I want to lease (the dealership is 25 miles from my place of work). Also do dealers in the area NOVA give a hard time about loaner cars etc if the new car wasn't purchased from them (I have not heard of this).
Old 05-23-2012, 06:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

yes I have a quote for carmax (which expired this week)but yeah, I know what the car is worth. I understand the leasing is a pass fail situation. I am sure I can figure out money factors and residuals for the month of delivery ahead of time. But there is always stuff that dealer can pull on leases and I know I can't beat them at their game, I can atleast not be easy prey.

I think I am going to go with Audi of Rockville's offer. Any reason I should be avoiding an out of state purchase when I want to lease (the dealership is 25 miles from my place of work). Also do dealers in the area NOVA give a hard time about loaner cars etc if the new car wasn't purchased from them (I have not heard of this).
I leased my 2012 S4 from Alexandria, had a great experience with them, called up, told them my price I needed and they made it happen. Don't spend too much time looking at fees,etc, that's the beauty of a less, find a reasonable payment you want and ask for it. If you want to walk out the door with the car for $750, nothing down then tell them that's what they need to do to earn your business. Be ready to walk away and believe me you'll end up getting the best price if you're patient. If you can find a car you want at dealerships not too far away call them also. I leased my B7 from a dealer in PA, he met me in Baltimore with the car, got that car for 664/month with absolutely nothing down. I was at Tysons first also for my 2012, they are rip-off artists and I couldn't stand them, the clientele they are used to are probably not real concerned about getting a good deal. Another tip, the Premium Plus has a better residual than the Prestige and if you add the Audi Care half of that cost comes back to you because the residual goes up as well, lowering the lease.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Out of state means nothing, they can calculate your taxes based on the state the car is registered in and charge you accordingly, it's a non-issue..
Old 05-24-2012, 07:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

One more thing: look at a 2012, a guy on another discussion just leased one for $650/month and only paid the tax up front...
Old 05-24-2012, 08:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Well, I went ahead and took up Audi of Rockville's offer in MD. The manager there has not only agreed to order the car for me without taking a deposit but also offered to voluntarily modify one of their existing orders to match my spec (That hopefully gains me a few weeks ahead). He did not even ask for a deposit.

The only trouble is... I know feel the reverse about putting in a deposit. By not taking my money they don't have any obligation to produce a car for me in 3 months and even if they did, they can come up with new numbers (additional fees, processing, inspections, prep etc) to make my $500+invoice deal go down the drain and I wouldn't be able to say a word about it. Since I don't any written agreement that I can hold them to other than their assurance that a car has been ordered for me (This won't be the first time I have heard a case of dealer messing up an order - selling it to a high bidder etc etc).

Oh well... I guess I can only plan so much. Now its a waiting game for me, as I join the club of people already waiting for their orders...
Old 05-24-2012, 10:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Well, I went ahead and took up Audi of Rockville's offer in MD. The manager there has not only agreed to order the car for me without taking a deposit but also offered to voluntarily modify one of their existing orders to match my spec (That hopefully gains me a few weeks ahead). He did not even ask for a deposit.

The only trouble is... I know feel the reverse about putting in a deposit. By not taking my money they don't have any obligation to produce a car for me in 3 months and even if they did, they can come up with new numbers (additional fees, processing, inspections, prep etc) to make my $500+invoice deal go down the drain and I wouldn't be able to say a word about it. Since I don't any written agreement that I can hold them to other than their assurance that a car has been ordered for me (This won't be the first time I have heard a case of dealer messing up an order - selling it to a high bidder etc etc).

Oh well... I guess I can only plan so much. Now its a waiting game for me, as I join the club of people already waiting for their orders...
i wouldn't worry about it too much, since if the dealer is making money, they will probably work with you

they already ordered a custom car which is (presumably) going to be harder to sell than one of their typical configurations. if they don't sell it to you, it might just sit on the lot for awhile. this is particularly true of color orders, as most people won't want to pay $1k for estoril blue off the lot.

they might try to sneak some **** in there but you can just say no, i'm not paying it. if they won't give you the original price you can always just walk out and buy one somewhere else, as by that time most dealers will have plenty of 2013's in stock