S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Decision, Exclusive color or not

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 03:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by helix139
I ordered Sepang on my 2011. Absolutely no regrets, and it added about a month to my order time. If I were ordering a 2013, it would be a hard choice between Sepang and EBC, though.
Helix, thank you for the reply. Do you have any pictures that you post here? I suspect this will be the direction I go. If so, it would only be a question of black or panda interior.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by LYKUNO
Hmmm, there's also Topaz Blue, Aqua Blue Marine, Mugello Blue, Aruba Blue, Kingfisher Blue, Mystic Blue Pearl, Blue Velvet, Deep Sea Blue, and my personal favorite, Jet Blue! Here's a link to the A5-S5 Forum's color thread. http://www.a5oc.com/forums/photos-vi...or-thread.html There are a lot of pics, including a number of an S5 cab in Sepang, along with a nicely done compilation of many of the Audi Exclusive colors (my car's in that on page 4). There's also a link to an S5 in "Morning Dew":
LYKUNO, thank you for providing me with the link. It was helpful. I really wish that Audi would offer either the Ti package or Ti rims as an option for the S4/S5.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NHman
Helix, thank you for the reply. Do you have any pictures that you post here? I suspect this will be the direction I go. If so, it would only be a question of black or panda interior.
Here are a few in various lighting conditions:

[/img]

There are also a few more here:
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...light=helix139

Honestly I don't think any of these truly does the color justice, though. Until you see one in person and see how the color changes depending on how/where the light hits it, you won't get a full appreciation for it. I ordered the color never having seen it in person but having seen a few pictures that I really liked, and I was blown away when I first drove up to the dealership to take delivery and saw it. It surpassed all my expectations. I really think it is the perfect blue for the S4.

As far as Panda vs Black, I went with Black, but I definitely debated it a while. It's the one thing on the car I sometimes wonder if I should have done differently.

Last edited by helix139; 08-09-2012 at 07:20 AM.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:43 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I love it! It looks great with the Ti wheels. Have you seen Estoril Blue in person helix? From the pictures I have seen it looks darker. My car has not hit production yet but my dealer told me I can not change my color. I think I might stop in to get some better clarification. How long did you wait for your car? I thought it only adds 6 weeks to the standard 3 month order time but my dealer told me a total of 6 months.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by EBCS4
I love it! It looks great with the Ti wheels. Have you seen Estoril Blue in person helix? From the pictures I have seen it looks darker. My car has not hit production yet but my dealer told me I can not change my color. I think I might stop in to get some better clarification. How long did you wait for your car? I thought it only adds 6 weeks to the standard 3 month order time but my dealer told me a total of 6 months.
I have not seen EBC in person, but some of the pictures I've seen (in particular the S7 pictures) are just stunning. The color added about a month to my order. I ordered at the beginning of Sept 2010, it hit port around Christmas 2010, and hit the dealership the first week of January 2011.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here are a few in various lighting conditions:

[snip]

Honestly I don't think any of these truly does the color justice, though. Until you see one in person and see how the color changes depending on how/where the light hits it, you won't get a full appreciation for it. I ordered the color never having seen it in person but having seen a few pictures that I really liked, and I was blown away when I first drove up to the dealership to take delivery and saw it. It surpassed all my expectations. I really think it is the perfect blue for the S4.

As far as Panda vs Black, I went with Black, but I definitely debated it a while. It's the one thing on the car I sometimes wonder if I should have done differently.
That's pretty nice looking. Goddam.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Toecutter
That's pretty nice looking. Goddam.
Told you The best analogy I've seen was posted on the RS5 boards on AZ...

Regarding the different blues:
To compare to a woman, Sepang wouldnt be the one that walks around with a half exposed body that screams "LOOK AT ME, I'VE GOT FAKE NICE *****" and wants to be seen by every guy in the room. This girl has been around the block a few times, bats her eyelashes every time someone (male or female or both) tosses a glance towards her.

Instead, Sepang is the type of woman that walks around with enough skin exposed to arouse your curiosity, waits for the classy guy that appreciates a little mystery, and upon closer inspection, you see she has real nice *****, and she starts to look REALLY good. As you get to know this woman, you realize that she is the full package (classy, smart, mysterious, arousing, curious, grabs your attention and makes it hard to look away). This girl will rock your world
Old 08-09-2012, 10:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Told you The best analogy I've seen was posted on the RS5 boards on AZ...
I like that description. She sounds expensive, LOL.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:14 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

So just got back from the dealership and it looks like its too late to change my order. They did give me the option to order another car but I don't think I can wait another 6 months for this car. 3 months is hard enough! I know I will be happy with EBC but I do like Sepang and think it makes the car look sportier and more unique.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by EBCS4
So just got back from the dealership and it looks like its too late to change my order. They did give me the option to order another car but I don't think I can wait another 6 months for this car. 3 months is hard enough! I know I will be happy with EBC but I do like Sepang and think it makes the car look sportier and more unique.
Honestly I don't think it would be 6 months.

Quick Reply: Decision, Exclusive color or not