TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

To clear the air...

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2003, 04:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I never said you disrespected Larry

TBH the issues you two have are just that your own issues. Your issues with him did not start spark this exodus your crappy attitude on this forum did. That's all my post stated read it again.

Like I said you have a good resource for tech info here and I will swing by now and then for that alone.
Old 03-09-2003, 06:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think most of you are making a big deal over nothing, very childish.

I can't blame him for wanting to cut down on the personal chatter on this board. I've been visiting this site for 3-4 years now and the amount of personal chit-chat had gotten to an almost annoying level.

Many of us come here to read for interesting car releted stuff only and choose not to partake in the social circle a lot of you have created here. For those of us in that group it gets a bit tedious having to browse through 3 pages of posts when only 50% of them are relevant to the forum. Especially when the majority of those posts are pictures of peoples dogs and cats or mile long threads from someone who happened to have a bad day at work. Now there's nothing wrong with making friendly posts. But it had gotten to the point that people were using this board as an extension of their social life when they could very well use other, more relevant methods to do that (IM's, free forums, etc).

That's why I don't understand how intelligent adults can't see his POV. There are a LOT more visitors to this site that DO NOT take part in the social life than there are people that do. Instead of showing some understanding of this and recognizing that a lot of people aren't at all interested in those "social posts" and then finding another method to continue that. You threaten him with boycotts and claim that he's trying to take the personality out of the forums. He even went a step further and created an off topic forum. But to many of you that wasn't good enough because you are "TT people" and you feel you shouldn't have to mingle your TT related Off topic banter in with other forums off topic banter. I find that to be a bit childish.

As someone who runs their own sports related site/forums. I guess I have a different perspective on this than a lot of you could have. I've had to do the same thing on my site. Because the regulars were making so much "personal chat" in our main forums that casual vistors and non-posting readers were turned off. They came to read sports related stuff, not personal chit chat. I created an off topic area and after a few days of complaints people started using those forums and the problem was solved.
Old 03-09-2003, 07:30 AM

Default I assume you consider yourself an "intelligent" adult? So be one.

<i>"I created an off topic area and after a few days of complaints people started using those forums and the problem was solved."</i>

That is what the OT button does. It creates an OT forum within an OT forum.

Why don't you use it and stop complaining?

<i>"... it gets a bit tedious having to browse through 3 pages of posts when only 50% of them are relevant to the forum"</i>

Well now you got 3 pages of DV problems, "which tire to buy" posts, "what chip is better" posts, etc... All things that could be answered if a person used a search. But you must be happy as a pig in **** now. Enjoy.

<i>"He even went a step further and created an off topic forum. But to many of you that wasn't good enough because you are "TT people" and you feel you shouldn't have to mingle your TT related Off topic banter in with other forums off topic banter. I find that to be a bit childish."</I>

Sorry, but now you are talking out of your a$$. I spend a lot of time on the OT forum, but any "intelligent adult" can see that entire forums is a complete violation of the TOU.

I will not call a person childish because they refuse to contribute in such a forum. But I guess you can because you seem to know it all.
Old 03-09-2003, 07:37 AM
gtt
AudiWorld Super User

Default What???? I hope and assume that remark was in jest......

If anyone takes this forum or any other to heart and so seriously they need some medication.
Old 03-09-2003, 07:40 AM
Elder Member

Default dude, chill

i can't speak for others, but personally i find that your posts have a lot of good points, but they are presented in such an adversarial manner that i find i don't want to agree with you.
Old 03-09-2003, 07:50 AM

Default Re: dude, chill

You can agree with me or not, I don't care, I am not running for office.

I don't sugarcoat my posts like some people do.

Reread his post, he was calling people un-intelligent and childish. But he wrapped it up all nice and pretty, so it does not offend you.

Well it offends me.
Old 03-09-2003, 07:50 AM

Default Re: What???? I hope and assume that remark was in jest......

Don't worry, I dont think he expected you to understand.
Old 03-09-2003, 08:30 AM

Default Huh? How can you even assume to know what you're talking about when surely ....

... you have your preferences set to not view OT posts. How do you even see any of the OT 'chatter.'

Also, given the turnout at events like TT East and TT West, I think it is you, not the majority of visitors here, who is in the minority as far as not being interested in such 'social posts.' But then, perhaps you're also suggesting that posts about TT East should be OT? I would find that particularly entertaining given that AudiWorld is co-sponsor of this event.
Old 03-09-2003, 09:10 AM
Elder Member

Default umm ...

you make no sense. why waste all your time typing something up if you're not trying to get someone to see your perspective?

but it seems you know everything already.
Old 03-09-2003, 09:27 AM

Exactly.

Quick Reply: To clear the air...