TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

loaner car while waiting on TT?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2015, 01:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default loaner car while waiting on TT?

my order is a little under month away, and im about to sell my existing car. the dealership is going to let me use a loaner for about 3 weeks.

I guess this varies wildly from dealer to dealer - but curious if any of you in similar situation were given loaner, and what kind of car it was?
Old 10-15-2015, 07:33 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by mlj1975lsu
my order is a little under month away, and im about to sell my existing car. the dealership is going to let me use a loaner for about 3 weeks.

I guess this varies wildly from dealer to dealer - but curious if any of you in similar situation were given loaner, and what kind of car it was?
Could you tell us what yours is? I haven't purchased the TT yet, but one of the dilemmas of custom ordering as opposed to purchasing off the inventory, is the fact that I would be without a car for months.
Old 10-15-2015, 07:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mavschamp11
Could you tell us what yours is? I haven't purchased the TT yet, but one of the dilemmas of custom ordering as opposed to purchasing off the inventory, is the fact that I would be without a car for months.
i will not know until next friday, when i get it. ill share that info at that time.

big picture i dont care what kind of car they put me in, but im bored and curious, lol.

btw, why would you be without a car? are you already without a car?

i ordered mine many months ago, and the dealer told me he would update me about a month and a half ahead of delivery date so i can make arrangements to sell car - and that they would be me in a loaner during the interim. i imagine most audi dealers would do something similar.

turns out i never had to order one because two dealers in the region had tt's come in. one of them was blue which i personally am not that high on, and the other was black - which was really rad. also, i just like the dealer im working with and dont feel like being a jerk. lastly, i most prefer the florett silver i ordered so worth the wait for me.

Last edited by mlj1975lsu; 10-19-2015 at 05:41 PM.
Old 10-15-2015, 08:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mlj1975lsu
but i most prefer the florett silver i ordered so worth the wait for me.
The silver looks great! I was hesitant about it, but once I saw it on mine (Roadster) I was sold.
Old 10-23-2015, 01:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

ok so i just sold my old car and got the loaner car from the dealership - which ill probably use for 1 week while my TT completes its journey from europe.

they put me in a Q7! wow. its a fancy car for sure. i would have been happy with anything, and so the q7 is a nice little surprise to hold me over.

i've really enjoyed my experience with this dealership. top rate. night and day difference from when i bought my mazda 9 years ago.
Old 10-23-2015, 03:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

My dealership offered this on a factory order.
Owner said they would give me a $ value at time of order and I would have the 3-4 month wait to sell my car.
If I sold my car in that period they would give me something to drive, did not discuss what.
Old 08-29-2018, 04:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Q5Q7, What did you end up doing?

I'm looking at doing my sons rear brakes on a MY14 A6 to save him some money. Shopping list looks something like:

(2) Rear pads
(2) Rear rotors
(1) Sensor
(4) Keepers
(4) Bolts
(1) Carista Dongle (to turn off EPB). I watched the video on how to remove the EPB motor but more comfortable using something electronic to retract pads.

For my personal cars (not audi) it's always been the approach to use OEM.

To all; a couple of questions:

1. Is there a sponsor or is there a recommendation that sells OEM parts?
2. Any parts I haven't considered
3. If OEM means that there are a few brands to pick from (ATE, Bosch, etc), is there any feedback on which one to use?
4. Are there any upgrades to consider ie: S-Line brakes or ????
Old 08-29-2018, 05:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

sorry, posted in the wrong place.
Old 08-30-2018, 03:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Fwd A3. Surprisingly dreadful.