A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Hey Turbo Whip, one more question from my earlier post.

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 08:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey Turbo Whip, one more question from my earlier post.

Thanks for the feedback on lighting. Very very helpful. One last question. So the harness from my halogen setup (plugs into the back of the headlight, not inside the headlight) would power the xenon low beam, high halogen beam, turn signal and city light wihtout any additional wiring if I got stock xenons or ecodes? If that's the case, that is awesome. I could care less about auto leveling. Thanks soo much for the clarification. At what click on the light switch would my city light come on? The first one? Thansk again. No more questions. I swear.
Old 08-18-2004, 10:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default more answers:

the wiring plug that is in the back of the lights is a 2x5 (or maybe 2x6, cant remember) pin type connection. the plug you have for your halogens is the same type of plug for the xenons, its basically a power connector. it will plug directly into oem xenons or even e-codes.

And yes it plugs into the back of the housing, not inside the housing, their is a clip their too so make sure u dont break it when disconnecting that connection. I learned about this about a month ago when i sold my oem xenons to someone with halogens, my xenons plugged right into his his previous halogen with no problems.

Also, the city lights will be on all the time, regardless of what level u have the lights on. They take over the duty of the amber lights on the stock lights, but remember city lights are just an additional 6w bulb found only on e-codes. oem xenons dont have city lights.

if i were you, i would suggest upgrading to xenon ecodes (either a4 or s4) if you have the money now. most ppl who upgrade to xenons keep them for a while but then realize they should have just gone all the way and gotten the xenon ecodes. although you could always do the cc mod with the oem xenons if ur strapped for cash.

if you want, paul jr. at pg performance sells a4 ecodes with all the internals (xenon bulbs, ballasts) directly from germany for around $700-750 US iirc, and you wont get oem xenons for much less than $500, so getting the ecodes now could be an option too.

glad to help, let me know if u have any more questions!
Old 08-18-2004, 12:26 PM

Default Hey man, Thanks again. I have a very wide smile on my face. I'm going to start saving

now for some ecodes. I really thought there was more work involved but I guess not! Oh, and I can tell you that the clip for the harness in back of the headlights was the biggest pain in the @ss to take off. I broke the little tab that's above the small cut out square on the harness trying to get my damn headlights off. Such a pain. Thanks again.