A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new to D4 audi and want to lower it considerably as I have a wheel setup on the way.

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 10:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FA8L
How much did you lower it or is that just lowered when put in dynamic?
Thank you! Exhaust next week.
Old 07-25-2017, 04:06 PM
L0U
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Installed cete controller today. From the trunk, pull the back cover off the rear seats from the bottom sides first, then top. (it's friction fit)
Remove five nuts that hold the fuse box on. (The modules slide out of the fuse box to make nut removal easier. There is a press tab that unlocks them)

I only had to cut the top left and top right zip ties from the plastic housing to get enough room to work.
I also removed the top centre module and plugs.
Separated the top fuse box housing from the bottom housing, then fully removed top.
Removed the steel box from behind the top area, then had pretty good access to the suspension module. It's deep in there behind the lower fuse box, and shaped like an 8 track cassette with many plugs in the top edge. Pull the bottom box forward to lever it out like an open glove box.

I fed the main cete box cable and the tan connector cable from behind through the space in the middle of the bottom plastic fuse housing. The 2 suspension cables (4 connectors) connect inbetween the oem suspension module (8 track looking thing), and the Oem cables you just unplugged from it. They are colour coded as per oem, and only fit one way.

There is room for all of these cables behind the fuse box, and on top of the suspension module, so put it back in its slot deep in there. If there isn't room above it for the steel box replacement, it's not fully seated into the space provided. It has to be centered and lowered in.

Replace steel box and it's connectors. Fasten nuts to bottom housing. Replace top housing by sliding it into and locking into the top bottom housing.

Replace module in the front of top housing, with cables reconnected. Replace left side modules and connectors.

The tan connector can be tucked to the right and connected to the far right module.

Connect cete box to main cable.
The box can sit just to the left of the centre opening of the bottom fuse box housing, laid against the fuses. There is room between it and the main cover from the seat back.

Ensure all cables are connected and routed safely from pinching. You can tuck them tidy.

Replace seat cover. Top gets lifted into place, but not pushed in, then push bottom until it's fully seated, then seat the top.

Note. The ski sack can be pinched and prevent the cover from reconnecting to the tabs in the centre area.

Connect Bluetooth to phone or iPad. Use active suspension ble app. And 0000 code to connect.

The instructions for the a6/s7 are basically useless. And it comes without any.

Last edited by L0U; 07-25-2017 at 04:42 PM.
The following users liked this post:
09S5 (01-28-2021)
Old 07-29-2017, 09:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by L0U
the instructions for the a6/s7 are basically useless. And it comes without any.
Accurate. Zero instructions on the A8.

Did you get the full venting option? Idk where our gateway is on the D4 to get this done and I can’t seem to get a step by step from the manufacturer. Actually not even a general idea... it’s a great product tho.
Old 07-30-2017, 07:54 AM
L0U
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by FA8L
Accurate. Zero instructions on the A8.

Did you get the full venting option? Idk where our gateway is on the D4 to get this done and I can’t seem to get a step by step from the manufacturer. Actually not even a general idea... it’s a great product tho.
I have an extra plug that I'm not sure where to plug it in. It's a two wire I think. For venting. I can't believe they didn't spend the few hours to show a detailed step by step video. Sell twice as much product if people had the confidence to instal it. Rookies don't understand the big picture of marketing goods. Plug and play.....well not really, until they get something in place to show how.
Old 09-08-2017, 10:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cete

the tan plug goes all the way to the left module on the s8
Old 09-09-2017, 08:11 AM
L0U
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by grkwolf
the tan plug goes all the way to the left module on the s8
Hmm. That's interesting. I plugged into the far right, and you. Did far left? But both worked. I have no fault codes and it's working as planned. That's strange indeed.
Old 09-09-2017, 09:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I notices that the tan plug fits on both little modules (on the left and the right one) but the one on the right the top of the connector had something sticking out to guide the wires and the one on the left doesnt. So i plugged it to the left one because they looked identical. Also my canbus plug has wires in the pins 12H and 12L so i dont know where the wires go.
Old 09-10-2017, 04:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Turns out you were right i switched it to the plug on the right and now it works when switching profiles. Did you end up finding out how to connect full venting?

Originally Posted by L0U
Hmm. That's interesting. I plugged into the far right, and you. Did far left? But both worked. I have no fault codes and it's working as planned. That's strange indeed.