S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

Latest MMI Version Available?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 08:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rccoleman
I'm waiting for the next update to fix this issue, which does have a pending service solution, but I suspect that you don't have that issue with 0918.
That's correct - don't have that issue on 0918. Thankfully - that sounds like an annoying one!

It's a little frustrating that Audi makes MMI updates so difficult to get. Especially given that they're all equipped with cellular radios - it should be trivial to do over-the-air updates if they really wanted to. Thanks to everyone for their input.
Old 09-17-2018, 01:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by rccoleman
The latest from the factory is 1320, but I'm not aware of anyone who has found the magic words to say to get it. The previous version, 1178, is what I have on my S5, built in Nov 2017. I'm waiting for the next update to fix this issue, which does have a pending service solution, but I suspect that you don't have that issue with 0918.
Interesting.

With all of my BMWs they do updates to the newest version when the car is brought in for it's annual service, and if there is a problem with the car in general they check the software version to make sure that newest/latest is put on.

Perhaps they don't consider an older version a "problem" unless the customer says they are having a problem that the service techs know is addressed in a new software version.
I'm sorry that none of what I say is helpful to you.
Old 09-17-2018, 03:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by TT-S4
Interesting.

With all of my BMWs they do updates to the newest version when the car is brought in for it's annual service, and if there is a problem with the car in general they check the software version to make sure that newest/latest is put on.

Perhaps they don't consider an older version a "problem" unless the customer says they are having a problem that the service techs know is addressed in a new software version.
I'm sorry that none of what I say is helpful to you.
On the contrary, it is helpful if I decide to switch to another brand They're really two different schools of thought - "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" and "constant, automatic updates to pull in any fixes". In this case, there was a regression that broke a feature, so the folks who are pinned to an older version via Audi's approach won't ever see the issue. It does mean that they have to be prepared to support lots of different versions in the field, though.

Best case scenario would be similar to other software delivery mechanisms - present a set of release notes and an option to install an update or not.